Fly Fishing Forum banner

Whats going on???

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  steeliesonafly 
#1 ·
I heard this evening that it is 60 degrees in Boston and beautiful...while here in Everett, Wa, I've got half a foot of snow on the ground and it is 27 degrees out.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Juro-I know you like to see what is going on back here in Seattle so I've grabbed a couple pictures of our 'major' snow event here in the Puget Sound area...well I know it's not a major snow event but most people out here sure freak out like it is.

Attachments

#6 ·
Snow heavy here too!

Ryan,
The snow has hit us here and it is staying around for awhile. I have about a foot of snow and still coming down! The hell with the Olympics, just give us the water.... Then mountains here need it bad. Fish need water, and the drought has been pretty bad here. I am just loving it! Course a good snow blower helps. Hate the shovel..... To old you know!

#7 ·
Dodge the bullit time ..

Here in Medford we just got 'brushed' by the past two weekends storms. Cute snow at best. Stuff this weekend was a royal pain as it rained a bit on Sat. night, then froze then a 1/2" of 1" snow so the whole area was one huge skating rink. Pulled out of my driveway to go fishing Sunday morning, stopped at the end of the drive and switched into 4x4 for the next few hours.

Ryan, loved the cat photo; contest entry stuff.
Fred

#9 ·
juro said:
I love steelheading in the snow, something about it.
I love steelheading in the snow!!...I fished yesterday morning before work. Risked life and limb to get up to the Sky as the roads were absolute skating rinks. Anyways, within 30 minutes it starts snowing and snowing HARD. The guy I had floated with decided the snow was miserable so we pretty much just rowed out. :(

It isnt too often that it is snowin so hard you can watch the snow pile up on your rod during the drift.

#11 ·
LoL...do not listen to that sarcastic old man. Let it be known that today was scheduled day off...

Was going to head up to the river today but the roads just seemed a little too nasty...pure ICE!! So I figured I'd make it a lazy day...working on the website, tying flies etc. etc.

I'll be there Tuesday through the Friday though so shoot me a hollar then... :)

#12 ·
Still snowing and what a mess!

Oh S*%#t,
Boy is it a mess. I'm a fire/medic down here and I haven't had a few hours sleep in the last 24. You guys are absolutely right. People forget that the white stuff is real greasy, and cars can go fast, but don't stop worth a (,,,;.a;d;) well you know what I mean! As I'm writing the snow just keeps on coming down. I hit the local river yesterday for Browns and caught several but nothing big. Looking forward to later in the year so I can get away! Hope to get over your way in Oregon. Hopefully during the summer run. How is the area around you Fred for summer Steelies?

#13 ·
Reg, lots and lots of summer runs ...

main run usually hits the upper Rogue in late July/early August through end of October. Go down stream to Agnes area and you can add thousands upon thousands more of what are called 'half-pounders.' 1 yr salt fish so they're 1-2# and just chomp on a fly.

Fish-head (Andy Zwan) can give you better details than I. I just hunt fish ..... he lives in their world. One of the best single handers in Southern Oregon. On a goooood day I'll hook as many as he but trip for trip he probably releases 10 times the number I do. You could learn to 'hate' this kid.:smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.