Memories of Monomoy - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2002, 10:46 PM

Talking Memories of Monomoy

It was a crash course in sight fishing and what a day it was. Thanks to the guys of the forum I found my first striper ever.. A legal fish at that!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2002, 10:49 PM

Here a look at the Little Guy

It looks alright!

Old 01-23-2002, 10:51 PM

Grego got a Nice One Too!

Old 01-23-2002, 10:54 PM

I hope To do It again!

Old 01-24-2002, 08:32 AM
President of CAC

Aaron, The pictures are not coming out on my end... maybe it's my system ..but can you see them after you put them in?
Old 01-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Aaron -

Thanks for trying! Two ways to do this... when you make a post, use the "attachment" option at the bottom of the form to browse to the file. The other is to send them to me and I will reduce them to under 60,000 bytes so the system will accept them.

Can't WaIt tO sEe ThEm!
Old 01-24-2002, 10:01 AM

Aaron-

Can't wait to see those pictures. That was a truely memorable day. For you, your first striper done in Grand Fashion -- 30"+, on the fly, on the flats! How many people can say that?

For me it was my first ever trip to N. Monomoy, my first sight casted flats fish & also in the 30"+ range.

Also great company with Juro, BobP & Brian (also, another Mono. regular those name escapes me at the moment?)

BTW Aaron, if those picture came out good & you could send me some prints or JPEG files along with your mailing address & I could fix you up with a couple more of those "Lucky" flies :->}
Old 01-24-2002, 10:28 AM

That's it ! Now you got me droollin all over my keyboard, Man, I gotta see those pictures, although I'll never forget the look on you face, both while fighting that fish and after landing it. Also, I recall the talk we had on the walk out to the flats, " My friends tell me that after I catch a striper on a fly, I'll never want to go back to those trout streams again" WELL ? Let's do it again, several times this season. You know where to find me !
Old 01-24-2002, 11:32 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'm glad I had a chance to share one of my favorite fishin' spots on earth with you that day. That area was uniquely sculpted in 2001, drastically different than 2000 and we can be assured that the winter-time sand shuffle will change the dynamics of that spot in 2002. While shore guiding out there in 2001, every trip resulted in at least one client keeper sight fished on the fly. I doubt that anything like that can be sustained but it sure was a good year!

Previous year 2000 was better in other areas of the refuge, including across the tub on South Beach. Each year brings a different nuance with it so it never gets boring. No telling what 2002 will bring... I can't wait to discover what the new season will bring.

COME ON SPRING!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:39 PM

I think we have visible Pictures!

Thanks Juro for the help with getting those daddies up on the sight. The answer to the question; Of course I will go back to the trout streams, that is my home away from home. I'll tell you what, a 20 inch brookie on a soft 5 weight is quite a battle as well. I have also come to realize that I have some very prime waters for stripers all within a 10 minute drive of my house in Portland:hehe:! I'll be a tough man to find in this summer!
Old 01-24-2002, 03:41 PM

Daydreaming and work productivity just don't go together. I gotta stop checking this place out while I'm at work. Thanks for the pics and the mental trip.

Gregg
Old 01-24-2002, 03:44 PM

Hey, they are there! Great Job! Good thing Someone remembered a Camera!

For me the drive to Chatham is about equal to the drive to Southern Maine. But don't forget there's also some fish on the N. Shore of Mass & Southern NH Too!

Oh, it's Waaay Too early to be gettin' the Itch!
Old 01-24-2002, 07:25 PM

Nice memories from that day aaron! Great to have them captured on film. I remember being so excited when I finally started being able to see those fish skirting the edge of the channel.

Most excellent!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Nice fish Aaron,
I shoulda jumped rip rider when you called. Been kickin myself ever since. Juro even razzed me to my son for that one.
NEXT SEASON!!!
Old 01-24-2002, 09:48 PM
President of CAC

Yes... I know, I know... we went to south beach that day instead of the flats.... But we were having good luck there several days before... Well... It looks like I will need waders to stay in that hip deep water for hours on end... Next year will be the year of the "crab Apple"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.