Fly Fishing Forum banner

See You At Marlboro!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  FrenchCreek 
#1 ·
Once again we kick off the new year with a fun event... let's make 2002 the best yet!

See you all at the show! I will post booth number when I get it.

#2 ·
...OSHA Safety Advisory...

...Bring your industrial strength eye protection if you are going to witness John "Scissor-Hands" Morin and his incredible "speed tying" demonstration !
Also, for your safety and his, try not to make direct eye-to-eye contact with him during the session !
Thank you and always practice Safe Tying...

#3 ·
Pete,
You going to be at the show? Thanks for the warning about Johnney Scissorhands. Looking forward to it, getting real shack nasty, psyching myself up for another quit smoking campaign and scouring the medicine cabinets for my maniacal menopausal wife's Prozac.

#4 ·
...Fred...
Prozac?!...Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!
The institute is going to give me a weekend pass if I promise to take my meds...I'll be pinging/milling around Saturday & Sunday.
Hope to see you!

#5 ·
I think you should quit Fred. We like having you around.

But more importantly, your wife does too. Imagine leaving your soulmate alone in what might have been the golden years. Years when your faith in each other becomes the most important thing in your lives; years when communication doesn't need as many words and regardless of the circumstances that come with age there is comfort in the experiences and achievements you've shared. Your being there is the living proof of all that for her.

And your children, no matter how old, take great comfort in having their parents in the world and great sorrow their loss. Smoking takes this comfort away even in health by filling the child's thoughts with losing a parent instead of enjoying the time they have together, however short life may be even without smoking as a factor.

And in addition do it for yourself. Why cut even a single sunrise over a freshly windformed dune from your life. Why lose even a minute of peace on a smooth river stone listening to the babbling of a gin clear brook. With all the you have fought for in life and won, why lose a fight to an addictive weed?

No one's perfect. I will stoke up a cuban with some peat water and live a little at the CAC on a warm summer night, you betcha. But the key is to get rid of it as a habit. Just do it!

#7 ·
Juro, Roop, Hawkeye, Bpink, and others...

Have a great time this weekend. Really bummed I can't make it. Work has been crazy lately and I'm gonna be away again. Hope the boxes work out, take a picture for me please, I'd like to see the finished product.

How many more days till June?:confused:

Nick

#9 ·
Got Rid Of The Habit

I'll be down to the show on Sunday... Got to watch the Pats on Saturday. Grego, I got those pics in my possesion and they are being scanned as I type right now. My buddy is going to send them to me and I'll post them.

Tight Lines, June is 133 days away..........May is that much sooner!
Aaron

P.S. Fred, I smoked a pack + for 13 years and I have successfully kicked the habit. You can do it, besides each time you and I used to light up was just aanother moment when we could miss the pods of fish!:tsk_tsk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.