Fly Fishing Cable TV Shows - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2002, 10:07 PM

Exclamation Fly Fishing Cable TV Shows

Other than the normal saturday morning ESPN fly fishing shows and The Infisherman what other national cable shows are there now ?

I have digital cable here in Chicago, get almost all cable channels that are included in the basic package which includes two Outdoor Life channels that I have occassionally caught some fly fishing on, but lately there does not seem to be much.

I know Trout Unlimited has a show, but I seem to be at work whenever I figure out it is on.

Any recommendations ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2002, 08:24 AM

Fishing show don't show too much

I've seen a couple on and off out of Canada (one features two young ladies) but that's about it. Seems 'killing' something gets higher ratings.
Ug
Old 01-17-2002, 10:05 AM
President Weber T/U 681

Send a message via AIM to steeliesonafly
Talking The two BC girls are Shelly & Courtney

There are several shows out there besides Shelly and Courtney from Canada, Including the Watt's. Here is some of their shows!
http://www.flyshop.com/Expo/Media/Videos/FFVM/ffvm.html Also go to the flyshop.com and check out times.
Utah Chapter 681
Old 01-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Striper hound

All the images are broken links? Alright, I admit - I didn't really want to buy any video, just look at the pics
Old 01-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

We're going to make our own videos for fundraising. Wouldn't that be a KICK! Any film experts out there? We have plenty of actors
Old 01-17-2002, 02:17 PM
President Weber T/U 681

Send a message via AIM to steeliesonafly
Actually know several!

Juro.... My brother knows several film and cinimatographers. Plus I have Magistic film company just around the corner! I can put you in touch!
Utah Chapter 681
Old 01-19-2002, 06:40 AM

Found some more

Did a little research.

The Out Door Life Network cable tv channels have regular fishing and fly fishing shows.

You can get the monthly and daily schedules at the web site below:

Out Door Life Network

Several fishing shows, best one for fly fishing appears to be Fly Fishing Television Video Magazine which is on several times weekly. Looks like the best time for us to catch it is Sunday mornings from 10:30- 11:00 EST. This sunday there is a steelhead fly fishing (my favorite) show with Jim Teeny called Double Steel. Hope there are more to come this winter if you can't fish them, must while watch them be fished on TV.

The names of the fishing shows, times are in the Field & Stream - Television Video Show section of the web site, provides a brief description of the show when you click on the name of it. Also check out the Wild Life - TV show section, appears they have some relevant fish conservation shows periodically. See River of No Return show on salmon in the Idaho - Salmon River - (The River of No Return).

You will see the other fishing shows that OLN TV offers at their web site but this series seems to be the best for fly fishing. I have caught it a few times already.

Last edited by pmflyfisher; 01-19-2002 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:45 AM

Lightbulb OOPS MISTAKE

Must have been a sleep yesterday morning when I wrote that e-mail.

The Jim Teeny Steelhead show is on tonight at 10:30 PM EST not
10:30 AM EST.

Now on the Outdoor channel is show from world wide fishing, on CA spring creek trout fishing, not bad. See URL below for their show times on the Outdoor channel

Catch the Steelhead show tonight in your time zone if you have the Outdoor life cable channels.

http://www.worldwidefishing.com/wwfgtv.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.