Deadline coming for Steelhead fly swap - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2002, 09:53 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Deadline coming for Steelhead fly swap

Ok all of you who are in the fly swap. So far I have my flies done of course and I have flies so far from Rob Allen, Striblue, Eugene, Fredaevens, and PMFlyfisher. We have some wonderful flies so far. Now all I have is to wait on the rest of you. Here's a list of who I'm waiting for.

Nrthfrk16
Juro
GB Skunk
Philster
Andre
Doublespey
Highlander

Can't waiit for the rest of the flies and can't wait til the next swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2002, 01:35 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
I guess I'd better get crackin...
Old 01-11-2002, 04:38 AM

Yes Ryan you had better get a move on..

and NO you may not allow yourself to get into a time bind and go over to the 'for sale' fly bins an pick out a dozen. We know "your tricks" and have you under observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2002, 08:30 AM
Any Pulls?

I mailed mine yesterday but then I remembered I forgot to glue the heads of the flies! Sorry folks.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Mod

Damn Fred...I guess I'll have to tie 'em. Those little girls from Sri Lanka tie a killer GP though...
Old 01-11-2002, 05:21 PM

Sigh ..... The General Pract.

Love this pattern, but it was the first to confirm for me I'm a rank amatur when it comes to tieing a 'complex' pattern.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

My dog ate my... my mother ran it through the washer... I had a fever... I... I...

Very busy week + half coming up, Flyshow next weekend... I will give it hell. Ryan, got a URL for Srilankaflies.com ?
Old 01-12-2002, 07:43 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Tsk tsk tsk

I thought I heard them all, now this Juro??? Go to he principal's office young man, then I want you to tie up a thousand GP's and say "I wil NOT miss a flyswap deadline" 50 times.

Tis ok, was getting worried. Barely have half th flies and only a few days to go. Worse thing of all the CLOSEST guy to me soounds like he hasn't even STARTED his flies yet. Who couuld tha be SPARLKEY????? LOL The first two sets of flies I got came from the east coast. I also decided to throw in an extra fly for all of you. I am goig to tie up the low water pattern of thefly I tied up for the swap.

We have some darned nice flies. After seeing the tube flies that have come in I'm going todig ouut my new tube tying attachment and try my luck aat tying some up.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:11 PM
President of CAC

Come on guys.... that was the first steelhead fly I ever tied( and I am sure it looks it).. but I sort of made it up... but got it done . I must confess that when I went to buy my hooks I did look though the Steelhead fly bin at the local Orvis store... looked over my shoulders a couple times and grabbed a hand full of a certain pattern... but believe it or not they looked pretty simple... at least that batch... so I said.."should I" buy them that is..... then said "naw" not out of honor but how was I going to provide the recipe......
Old 01-13-2002, 01:47 PM
Steelhead-a-holic

Unhappy

Hey ST69 et al,

My flies may be a day late - gotta run over to the OP for a couple days (i can hear your hearts bleeding) and won't be able to get 'em in the mail till tuesday morning. You should receive them by Wed.

hasta,

DS
Old 01-13-2002, 03:45 PM
flyfishing catarafter

My heart is bleeding DS

Hey mister, are you going over to fish the Duc or Hoh??? Mannnnnnnn, tha' goingto cost you sir. I feel tha'll cost you an extra dozen flies sir, preferably a set of tube flies.

I would've been joining you out that way. Had to cancel my plans, almost broke my ankle at work oon Monday and am in a softsplint. Hope to be completely out of cast, but still really hurts buut can walk on it ok. Just hurrts to stand too long oon it. Worse thing i I had plans to clean garage and do som things this weekend, but now I'm hobbled up. GRRRRRRRR
Old 01-14-2002, 02:27 AM
Mod

ummm...yeah, my flies are in the mail. What is life without a little procrastination???
Old 01-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Mr. Mom

Cool Mailed today

Mailed today priority mail. What with my arm injury, I waited till the last minute to tie as every day brings a hair more flexibility and mobility. As it is I had to tie a "reduced" version of my "yellow bellied pole cat". While most of my tying magic is in the left hand (material manipulation and positioning), I couldn't pull off the hackle tip veil with my current "mano de piedre" right hand. It'll still catch a lip, don't you worry!:hehe:
Old 01-14-2002, 09:47 PM

Philster: having taken my own version of the swan dive...

I can understand where you're at. It will take a while but if it's a major wrist/hand injury a 're-hab' suggestion. Will sound a bit strange but I went through weeks of rehab (at $75/hr!) with little to show for it. Said to self: "Self, even if insurance company is paying for this, this is silly." Had a large vineyard at the time and pruning was upon us and only so much to invest in 'professional help.'

The required hand motion of pruning, the constant 'squeezing,' etc., was the best phys. thpy in the world. The hospital staff even asked if they could refer clients (with something in the order of 10,000 vines to prune and another 6 or 7,000 to 'wire train' was very tempted to take them up on the offer).

But back to the point: if you can get involved in this type of activity it's amazing how fast you'll get back most of your 'range of motion.'
fe
Old 01-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

sincere apologies...

Sorry all, there has been no possible way for me to get these tied for the deadline; I can promise that I will tie them during the upcoming fly show this weekend where we have a booth and get them in the mail afterwards.

I am known for over-comitting myself to the family, work, this site, other sites, other work, fishing, etc, etc - but this winter I have topped them all!

If it's a problem feel no reservation to cut me out of the running, otherwise I will get them tied between our guest tyers at the show and in the mail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.