Come And Get It! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thumbs up Come And Get It!

Thanks to Sean Ransom, the signup sheet for the fly tying sessions at Marlboro is ready. Just click:

Each person who donated for a tying session can choose two sessions to attend. These are granted on a first come first served basis.

If you haven't already made the payment to fund the booth, just click here:

PAYMENT PAGE

To protect your identity, we record all transactions by originator on the signup page, and paypal records your transactions on the payment page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2002, 09:31 PM
President of CAC

Juro.. I may also do the crease fly..including the crease sand eel, crab and shrimp or my real bait fish... depending on what people want. I will also show a clumping meathod for angel hair bait fish as an alternative to the high tie or layer approach. Another possibility is spinning deer hair in different colors. But obviously stay with the Crab apple. I can do a number of different patterns during the hour if that works for people.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:38 PM

I would much rather tie a black heron spey steely fly or a flats crab pattern or anything besides a deep eel, but I've been told by a certain member that I had to.

Most likely each hour will be enough for a very thorough progression through a couple of flies. It will be about sharing techniques thoroughly and deliberately with those who attend. With very few exceptions, I've picked up something new from everyone I watched tie a fly. Multiply that by a hundred if I had a vise and got to "tie-along!". Now add the personalities we have on the roster and it's going to be a hell of a time!

There will be many follow-ups after this as well. That deck at the Anchorage didn't get enough feather-bits and thread scraps last spring... maybe it's because people were too busy catching fish right in front of the grounds!

Looking forward to the show.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:19 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...request...

Juro...pleasepleaseplease!
I'd like to request your favorite CRAB and SHRIMP <*>\\\\\>< !
Old 01-10-2002, 10:36 AM
BB5 Survivor

Unhappy

Just sent a message to Roop...must have gotten lost in
the translation someplace....but I will only be at the show
on Saturday... (UFT beginners table and UFT booth)

if it's too complicated to re-work the schedule, easiest
thing might be to axe me all-together this time round...

--jared

Last edited by jared; 01-10-2002 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:02 AM

Talking Malborough Is near!

Hey Gentlemen,
Glad to see that all is well in FlyTalk land. An incredible slide show on the Seychelle Islands flats fishing for Bones. Ooooo-eeee, beautiful place, but it really reminded me of the day out on Monomoy, figured I see how you all were doing. I hope to see you guys at the Marlboro show next weekend.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:19 PM

UPDATE: OPEN ENROLLMENT

Just about all the prepaid seminar attendees have chosen their sessions ("seats"). At two for $20 it's a bargain, everything is provided just sit and tie. I will double-check the signups and expect we will have open enrollment sometime this weekend. You can prepay using the link provided and choose a session right now and beat open enrollment too!

We intentially made a large surplus of seats to accomodate people who are interested at the show but from past experience I know they will book up quickly on the show floor.

Members - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE to enjoy a two sessions of tying, all materials and tools provided while at the show without going up the road to the hotel before we sell seats to general attendees. I personally prefer to participate than sit and listen, the fidgety type I guess. You'll meet the pros who have sponsored us as well - a win win!

Once all prepay members have chosen their two classes it will go to open enrollment for anything available. Sean's signup sheet makes it easy.

Please signup for a class and show your support!

thanks to all who have contributed so far and I honestly can't wait until the show dates!
Old 01-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Fly chucker

Thumbs up

I'm pleased to say that I am able to attend the show on Saturday. However, I won't be arriving until mid-afternoon so I only signed up for Gil's class at 4 o'clock. This is the only one that I'm sure I'll make without being late. I'd like to sit in on Ray's angel hair series, but I'm afraid that I probably won't be there on time. Please feel free to give my second class seat to someone else who can use it. I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the show!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.