Airflo Delta Long Spey? - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2002, 02:59 AM

Airflo Delta Long Spey?

Anybody have the details on this one? I wanted to find out the dimensions and length of head, etc on both the Delta Spey and Delta Long Spey, but I couldn't find any hard info on the website. Anyone tried it? Know the specs? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Just curious about this new line.

Skookum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Junkyard Spey

Delta Lines

I haven't used this line yet (I'm getting one) but have heard from friends that they are "El Slicko"

Delta
6/7-50.5' head @500 grns.
7/8-52' head @ 530 grns.
8/9-53' head @ 575 grns.
9/10-55.5' head @ 630 grns.
10/11-56.5' head @ 690 grns.
11/12-57' head @ 770 grns.

Long Delta
7/8-61.5' head @ 550 grns.
8/9-63' head @ 580 grns.
9/10-65.5' head @ 630 grns.
10/11-66' head @ 690 grns.

The total line lengths are from 115' for the ligther weights to 125' for the heavier lines. I have the complete specs as sent from Rajeff. I'll forward them to anyone that sends me an e-mail to
bughole@orofino-id.com
Old 01-09-2002, 03:17 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I will be interested to hear any reviews from anyone who gets or has one. I was hoping the head on the Delta Long would be around 75 or 80 feet, but I guess that's the way it goes. Thanks again.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Skookum -

Good to hear from you again. If this works for you tell me which weight / style you want and I will send one to you. Seriously, I still owe you one from the contest last year.

Besides I'd better hurry before you end up winning the first native on a fly contest AGAIN in 2002!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:06 PM
Junkyard Spey

AirFlo Salmon/Steelhead Lines

Skookum, Over on Dana's ISC board under AirFlo Salmon/Steelhead Lines are a couple of post by people that have these lines. Whistler and Silverdoc have some good things to say.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:15 AM

Hey Juro--

How goes it back there? Thanks for the reminder about the line--I still can't decide which one to get. I think I'd like to try either the new SA line (when can you get your hands on one?) or this Airflo long delta spey. Any thoughts on these choices from any of the gang? I tend to like the long belly lines for less stripping, and am currently quite happy with the Mastry salmon spey lines and their 77 foot heads. Some input on these two lines would be great, and then yes, I will finally make a decision. Thanks.

Skookum
Old 01-19-2002, 09:30 AM

Skookum,
I have been using the long delta Spey in various line weights for most of the fall. Having cast pretty much everything out there (including the forthcoming SA line)I feel pretty comfortable saying it is the hottest line out there. The front taper turns over everything, the head is a sensible length requiring minimal shooting in most fishing conditions. When you want to let er rip the super slick coating enables this line to shoot like you've never seen.Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.