Hello, Everybody! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Will fish for beer

Lightbulb Hello, Everybody!

Hi, All. New user here to this forum and I thought I'd just introduce myself really quickly.

My name is Brian and I have been at this fine pursuit of fishing with feathers for about 20 years now (I'm 28). I am a soldier in the Army getting out in June, which, I hope, will free up some time to wet a line now and again.

I say my home waters are those around Spokane, Washington, although I currently live in Southern Missouri.

Was out walking my lab today near a spring-fed creek and watched the rainbow's sipping at those sow bugs all day long. Man, I love this sport! Well, anyways...here I am and I promise not to stir up too much S**t (like I do over on Gunbroker).

Brian
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --by Jack Handy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Welcome!!!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Spokane's a nice city. I remember meeting a business assoc. out there to visit Keytronic, a company that makes computer keyboards and keys. He told me the main hwy to get on and look for a restaurant that serves the best chicken-fried steak in Spokane (forget the name). I had never had CFS before, being new to the area back then. I asked how I would find the place and he said "oh you'll find the place alright". Sure enough there was a giant neon animated sign of a CFS growing bigger and bigger, that was the place. We took the client there for dinner, the food was outstanding. Some one at the next table tried to do the belly buster where if you eat the giant steak it's free - he failed but was smiling.

Sounds like Southern MO has some winter FF opportunities! I could use a business trip to your neck of the woods right about NOW! ;-)

Welcome aboard, Brian.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:10 PM
President of CAC

Welcome Brian.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:29 PM

Gad! What I remember about Spokane the most.

Before the World's Fair Spokane said 'we're going to show what the word 'clean' really means. Have not been to Spokane in at least 10 years but CLEAN and neat is the best way I could describe this city. It felt good to walk your streets.

Some of the Columbia streams/rivers in your area are the PRIMORDIAL steelhead waters of the world. Go West young man, go west .... at least from where you're presently at.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:50 AM
Flats Rat

Brian

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Fly chucker

Welcome, and brace yourself for lots of useful information from the folks on this board!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.