Marlboro Flyfishing Show - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2002, 07:33 PM

Question Marlboro Flyfishing Show

I am wondering if Flyfishingforum is having a both at the show? The reason why I ask, is my wife made a mistake and tore up the flyer before I even got to look at it. I went to their site and looked under exhibitors, didn't see flyfishingforum listed. I haven't seen anything about it on the board lately,Tried a couple of weeks ago to e-mail Juro have not got an answer as of today, not criticising, but I don't know whether to go or not. I was only planning to go to meet some of the board members that I have, or have not met. maybe bringing a new rod I just built. :confused
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Art -

Yes we are having a booth at the show. We are having several flyfishing pro's and members of the forum share a favorite fly pattern with those who sign up. Vise, materials provided. The list is near final (Roop?) and will be posted for signups this weekend.

Sorry about not get back to you, I have lost my inbox several times lately, having problems with email.

If you make the drive it'll be great to see you again Art! Hope you are recovering well from surgery.

Juro
Old 01-06-2002, 04:15 PM

Hi Art, I'll be at the show around noontime on saturday, hope to meet you. It would be good to put a face with the name. I was going to work the CCA booth however my wife booked the weekend at Wachusett Mountain ski area for the family, so I'm just gonna sneak away (with her blessings ) for a couple of hours. Maybe we will run into each other.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:15 AM

Some of the Seminars definately look worth while. I was just recalling from previous years that the Seminars are not in the Same Building as the Show itself; there up the hill near (in?) the Hotel.

Am I remembering this correctly? Will it be the Same this year?
Old 01-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

GregO -

I'm sure it will be the same as last year, up the hill. Of course our tying seminar will be on location

Case, Art - hope to see you there!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:11 PM

I am expecting to go Jan.19, my birthday, I will get there at about 9 and stay to about 1. The reason is I have a party in the afternoon. I will bring a camcorder, and some pictures of Shark Fishing, also Trout Fishing. if it is wanted. I also will bring 2 new rods I have just built. A 9 foot 10 weight, and a 10 foot 8 weight. with two different actions, one fast, and one moderate. I have never been to the Marlboro Show, can anyone use the pool like one can use at the Worcester show? Hope to see you all there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mako3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	58  

Last edited by artb; 01-08-2002 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:36 PM

Hi Art,
yes the Marlboro show has a casting pool (typically right in the center of the show) And it's available to everyone unlss there is a casting demo taking place.
Looking forward to seeing everyone during the show..!

ps: happy Birthday!
Old 01-07-2002, 08:12 PM
President of CAC

Great Photo Art.. I would love to see some info on shark fishing.. looking forward to meting you..
Old 01-08-2002, 05:02 AM

Juro, Roop, and whoever else is running the booth, have a clipboard handy where all the members of Flyfishforum can see it. Checkin, and checkout, that way if a person wants to meet someone, they just have to look at the clipboard to find out who is there.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:29 AM
Fluff

Art - hope you make the Marlboro show on Saturday - saw your mention of 'not sure' elsewhere; looking forward to seeing you again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.