Stacking Deer Hair - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Warmwater Gamefish Flies Freshwater Bass, pike, muskie?!?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Mark,

Well - the "post washer" flies are coming out so well that I am going to have to tie 2 more tomorrow and keep some of the previous swap flies for myself. The "pre-washer" flies would catch fish but they are not nearly as pretty as the post washer flies.

I cannot stiff you guys with marginal flies after all of the good tips that you gave me!

-Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2002, 11:01 PM

working with deer hair

Try to get ahold of a copy of Jimmy Nix's video on tying bass bugs. It will provide with detailed instructions and how to's for working with deer hair, spinning, stacking, packing, cutting, etc..

Greg
Old 01-26-2002, 12:37 AM

I would also check out the videos put out by Dave Whitlock, they are excellant
Airflo Pro Staff
Cloudveil Pro Staff
Old 01-26-2002, 08:41 AM
Wanna be striper bum

I was thinking about stopping by Hunter's Angling in New Boston, NH today. They have a great store and a great selection of fly tying videos. They suggested a few videos to me also. I might just buy one. I thought that I had everything that I needed by the time the smoke cleared at the Marlboro show...

If I do buy a video then I know that I will watch it a few times and then it will collect dust fora few years before I view it again. That is a shame. Perhaps the members of this Forum could set up a video library and we could trade videos at Claves and get togethers. That would be awesome.

Maybe I will try to set up an informal video swap at the casting clave.

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.