CCA Banquet - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2002, 10:27 AM
President of CAC

CCA Banquet

I heard a rumor that the annual CCA Banquet held in Burlington in March has been cancelled.. anyone know why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'm curious as well, I've gone to it every year since I moved to the area. Even won a great pair of goretex waders for my son last year!
Old 01-02-2002, 04:03 PM

I'm headed out to a meeting tonight for the South Shore chapters planning meeting for their Banquet, I'll check on whats happining with the Burlinton gig. However, The Cape Chapter is going to have one on May 24th, details to be determined. That's why I'm going tonight, to get some pointers. I'll get back to you tommorrow.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:51 AM

That's correct, the North Shore chapter will not be hosting a banquet this year, however, the South Shore chapter will. It will be held on May 2nd, I believe, at the Monponsett Inn. Also, the Cape chapter is planning their first Banquet and Auction for May 24th. Some have expressed concern that the date is too late and that most will be fishing and not attend. My thoughts were that, sure they will be fishing, on the Cape , which might work to our advantage.
Any thoughts out there, should we attempt a Banquet this far into the fishing season? Your response would be very helpful.
Thanks
Old 01-03-2002, 09:14 AM
BB5 Survivor

I'd advise against it. You're looking at Memorial Day Weekend...so while people may indeed be on the Cape "fishing" -- it's more likely they will be stuck in traffic trying to GET to the Cape!!

For myself, I hope to catching up on sleep for the 26th...the tide, time & moon will be aligned nicely.

--jared
Old 01-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

My wedding anniversary... um...
Old 01-03-2002, 09:30 AM

Untrue!

Not True!!!!

Don't know who started this nasty rumor, but the North Shore Chapter never hosted the Big Banquet to begin with!

It has always been hosted by the Boston/Metrowest Chapter and plans are already in the works for the banquet to take place on Friday March 8 at the Burlington Marriott.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:47 AM

My mistake, sorry guys. I was thinking that the Northshore group was involved in the Burlington Banquet, Sorry Doug Parker. Although, Striblue, where did that rumor start ?
Old 01-03-2002, 12:03 PM
President of CAC

Case, I must have heard it third or forth hand.. I think I heard that it was off from a couple people at the weekly First Light Anglers Fly tying session who heard if from someone else and not from Nat or Derrick but from some of the attendees. I was just asking the forum the question ...not attempting to enhance the rumor. We now have a public confirmation that the rumor is false.

Last edited by striblue; 01-03-2002 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:59 PM
Recent Member

Striblue,

I was way overdue to join this board (sorry it took so long, Juro) but now is a good a time as any. I want to confirm Steve Moore's reply that the banquet for the Boston/Metrowest chapter is confirmed for March 8th. I am the defacto Chairman of the banquet committee so I'm pretty confident about that.

Now that I'm here, I might as well ask if you or any other members of CAC would like to tie up a dozen or so flies as a donation to CCA . It would be much appreciated.

Hope you can make it to the banquet.

Doug
Old 01-03-2002, 09:57 PM
President of CAC

Doug, welcome... That's a interesting question because Brendan O'Brien just asked me that very question today. I would be glad to tie some deep or real sand eels that Juro taught me or some angal hair flys ala Mike Martinek. So.. ount me in for 12
Old 01-04-2002, 07:32 AM
Recent Member

Smile

Thanks, Striblue. Funny that Brendan and I should ask you on the same day. I am collecting all the donations for the banquet at my house. I'd be happy to arrange a pick up when you are finished.

It is much appreciated.

Doug
Old 01-04-2002, 07:57 AM

See that, 1 day and allready 2 posts. Welcome to the Forum Doug. As with the CCA, I know you will be a worthy member and look forward to many more posts in the future. Now, as for fishin, you never took me up on my offer to fish together last season, and I'm not going to let you off the hook this year. we gotta get together this spring and tie one on !:hehe: :hehe:
Old 01-04-2002, 08:00 AM
Recent Member

Your right, Brian. No excuse for last year. I'm ready when you are. Getting antsy already...

dp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.