Sunday Musings - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2001, 01:53 PM
Middle Aged Member

Sunday Musings

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a safe and happy New Year.

Speaking of New Year's, I got a flyer in the mail for a New Year's eve beach bash down in RI at our favorite oceanside motel. Anybody get the same and are you going? Can I catch a ride?

Just got back from the Cape. Unlike last year when they were pretty much frozen at this time, Kelly's bay and Follins pond were wide open.

Had dinner at Pate's in Chatham last night - not bad. Had the Ceaser's salad with extra anchovies (love anchovies, favorite pizza is with anchovies and onions) which got me wondering about the relative merits of sandeels as a substitute for the anchovies. Any insights Penguin?

Had a Monomoy nightmare last night. Woke up at about 2:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I started to count striper's and the started wondering what was going on, at that instant, at the crib. Sick eh. I drifted off and found myself walking across a gravel causeway to South Monomoy and finding people in lounge chairs sunning themselves with a honky tonk strip in the background....
woke up startled.

Got a Sandpiper chest pack for Xmas. Also put a gift cert. towards a couple of shirts at Fishing the Cape. I looked at the bee attractor (as in, bee like John M.) colors, yellows, salmon, etc. but opted for the earthtones. Got my daughter this stepper exerciser apparatus. Looks like a good Monomoy death march conditioning device.

Happy New year and wake me in May.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2001, 03:51 PM
President of CAC

Fred,, That was a great report ..loved it.. Next year you can get the other colors.. after all I have a flats shirt in ALL colors.. you know.. depending on my mood. Never wear the same one in a row.. He.He. ... Walking to south Monomoy.. are you sure it was not us sitting at the point rip getting up enough courage to make the 8 mile walk. Hope to see you at the show.

Last edited by striblue; 12-30-2001 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2001, 09:09 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...less filling!...tastes great!...

Fred...
Amazing!...Last night I had a dream I was lounging/sunning myself and I saw you walking around off in the distance in new waders and wearing a backpack with the zipper sewn shut...Go figure!?
And as far as sand eels on pizza goes, while they leave a strong after taste and your breath will closely resemble LOW TIDE, at least you won't have to get up at 0'dark thirty with the dreaded anchovy induced "unquenchable-mega-thirst"...
Happy Holidaze!!!
Hope to see y'all at the Marlboro Show!
Old 12-31-2001, 10:48 AM

Fred, I saw some biggies rising in a pond on my way through Myles Standish on Christmas eve day.

New years at Ralph's place, Excellent! Who else is in?
On second thought, Ralph never sent me a Christmas card Maybe he sent one to the forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.