Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2001, 05:39 AM

Thumbs up Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

I would just like to wish everyone on Flyfishingforum a Merry Christmas, & A Happy New Year. May you get that special gift that you only dream about, and may the coming year bring those outdoor jaunts that we all look forward with family, & friends. I wish personally to thank the many friends that I have met with the association coming from Flyfishingforum, and from Juro, from starting, and maintaining a fine place on the Internet to hang one's hat. Tight Lines, and thanks Juro, & crew. artb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2001, 05:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Like wise a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my fishing co-conspiritors from me and the family here in the frozen (finally) north. Tight lines and dry waders to all, and to all a good bite.

All our best.
Old 12-22-2001, 07:24 AM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Happy holidays to all.

~Mark
Old 12-22-2001, 09:19 AM
Flats Rat

Happy & Safe holidays to all
Old 12-22-2001, 10:24 AM
President of CAC

I WISH EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR .. i LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU SOON... ESPECIALLY AT THE SHOWS AND ON THE WATER .
Old 12-22-2001, 04:06 PM
Fly chucker

Holiday wishes to all here at the Forum. I haven't been here long, but I feel very welcome and have already learned much about many of you. I look forward to the new year when we can all get together and do some fishing and story telling.

Best to all of you!
Old 12-22-2001, 09:28 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Art, I appreciate your kind words but the reality is that the Forum is only as good as the people who stop by, and that speaks for itself. I've probably said this before but making a site is a lot like building a lodge on a river somewhere. It's not the lodge that counts, it's the those who visit that make it more than just wood and nails (in this case bits and bytes). In addition to the camaraderie we enjoy online our experiences on the water add up to some great times that I am sure many will never forget. That's what flyfishing is all about!

Many thanks to all for all the knowledge, great times and freindship that's been shared here and I hope that the coming year upholds the traditions that we've built here over the last two years (as of January).

Seasons Greetings and best of holidays to everyone!
Old 12-23-2001, 05:55 PM

The Festive Season

A very happy and safe Holiday season to all From the Banana Belt of Canada. A sunny day to-day with the temp about 14 C.
One more day of frantic shopping :eyecrazy: to make sure all the wishes come true for the young ones.
Our friends across the date line will be gearing up for the big day before us in Australia and Newzeland thinking about a day at the beach and maybe a little warm weather fishing.

A special thought for the men and women involved in all aspects of the aftermath of 9/11 from all countries and those who are no longer with us from the great city of New York.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS saltRon
Old 12-24-2001, 08:30 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to every one although this year I think the holidays should have a special meaning for all of us due to the memorable life changing events of this year we now all have to contend with going forward. Below is a poem received at work last week which puts things in perspective as to what is really important.

I work for an international financial company whose NY offices are across the street from WTC. Specifically, One Liberty Plaza the black building you see on TV a lot. There are 700 people there. We lost 6 people in the 9/11 event one of which was a close coworker of mine an attorney - John Keohane. John got hit by debris on the street four blocks away street when the first tower collapsed. He had stayed in the area to help a disabled friend in another office building who survived. John was a great guy 41 years old who I worked with 3-4 times weekly. He was actually coming to Chicago that afternoon for an international meeting with us and was to see me on several issues. He seemed to be interested fly fishing and I told him that I would give him some of my flies. Well that will never happen now. When senseless events like this take place in your life you again understand what is really important.

Best wishes to all !!

Subject: Then and Now...

Last Christmas we were wondering how to give our children all the things that money can buy.This Christmas we are wondering how to give them all the things money can't (peace, security).

Last Christmas we were thinking about all the things we didn't have. This Christmas we are thinking about all the things we do have.

Last Christmas we were placing wreaths on the doors of our homes. This Christmas we are placing wreaths on the graves of our heroes.

Last Christmas we were letting our sons play with toy guns. This Christmas we are teaching them that guns are not toys.

Last Christmas we were counting our money. This Christmas we are counting our blessings.

Last Christmas we were lighting candles to decorate. This Christmas we are lighting candles to commemorate.

Last Christmas we thought a man who could rush down a football field was a hero. This Christmas we know a man who rushes into a burning building is the real one.

Last Christmas we were thinking about the madness of the holidays. This Christmas we are thinking about the meaning of them.

Last Christmas we were giving thanks for gifts from stores. This Christmas we are giving thanks for gifts from GOD.

Last Christmas we were thinking about all the pressure we were under at the office. This Christmas we are thinking about all the people who no longer have an office.

Last Christmas we were thinking how good it would feel to be affluent. This Christmas we are thinking how good it feels to be alive.

Last Christmas we thought angels were in heaven. This christmas we know they are right here on earth.

Last Christmas we were contemplating all the changes we wanted to make in the new year. This Christmas we are contemplating all the changes we will have to make in this new reality.

Last Christmas we were complaining about how much of our earnings went to taxes. This Christmas we comprehend that freedom isn't free.

Last Christmas we valued things that were costly. This Christmas we value things that are holy. Last Christmas peace on earth was something we prayed for on Sunday morning.

This Christmas it's something we pray for every day.

P.S. Ran into this web site while surfing the net yesterday for information. See URL at bottom of post. You can register for a FREE electronic fly fishing magazine - Western Fly Fisher, very high quality, art work, great western trout, saltwater, salmon, and steelhead articles. The downloaded files are large 9-10 meg in PDF format. But really excellent. Enjoy !!

Western Fly Fisher
Old 12-24-2001, 11:54 AM
Fluff

My sincere good wishes to all my friends. May you enjoy love, peace and hope with friends and family. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-24-2001, 12:24 PM

Blessings of the Season to one and all

Hal, that was wonderful and should/will be passed on many times.

From Joan and I the very best to you all; may you, and yours, find and be at Peace this Christ's Mass.
fe
Old 12-24-2001, 03:38 PM
Just Plain Nuts

Smile

I hope this holiday season finds us all in good health. May you spend these days with the people who matter most in your life. May your hearts and stockings be full of good things. And may we all see each other on the water in the years to come. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my friends.
Old 12-24-2001, 08:38 PM

Merry Christmas and my warmest wishes to all my friends here at the World Wide Fly Fishing Forum!

Gregg
Old 12-25-2001, 11:28 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Then and now...

Jimmy - Great to hear your "voice" again. It won't be soon enough when we are standing in the current off Nauset again. I hope your tours of duty at ground zero haven't been too much on you and your family and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

PMFF - Thanks to you, my daughter read "Then and Now" at the table as we relaxed after Christmas dinner today. It was an important part of our holiday gathering and we discussed related matters at length afterward, reinforcing the importance of family, God and country. Thanks for posting that.

To all, as Christmas 2001 officially moves ahead to the 26th of December I hope your holiday was as special as it was for our family and I truly look forward to the new year and all the adventures ahead.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
happy holidays

have a great holiday season , alll... hope to see you at the shows, casting clave, tying clave, etc... Tom D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.