It's official. We have a count. Let's tie some flies - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2001, 10:22 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
It's official. We have a count. Let's tie some flies

Ok, I'm going to post all the names I got off both threads. Then I will post final total and the address you can send flies to.

Steelheader69, NrthFrk16, Rob Allen, Juro, Striblue, Eugene, GB Skunk, fredaevans, Philster, Andre, Doublespey Highlander, Pmflyfisher.

Ok, that makes a baker's dozen. 13 flies from each of you. (Any extra's I'll take as a birthday gift LOL)

Send flies to
Jerry Daschofsky
5085 NE 37th St
Tacoma, WA 98422

Please enclose a recipe with the flies you send. Let me remind you, these don't need to be classics. These can be flies of your own design that either work or are a frankenstein invention you're dying to get out there. I look forward to getting the flies so I can process them.Juro, I'll take the best digital pictures I can of the flies. I asume you want a picture for each flie, correct? Nnot a groupshot. If you guys want, in spring we can do a summerrun fly exchange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2001, 11:59 PM

OK, thanks then I have a few more to tie for the 13.

I think the due date was January 15th correct ?

It is a custom Michigan steelhead and salmon pattern which has
been effective for me, you want find it in any books. Thats the beauty of fly tying. Designing your own and then getting results with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2001, 01:26 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Ii'd say that's an affirm

I'd like to set the deadline to have flies to me at Jan. 15th. This should give peoeple plenty of time to get soom tied up and send to me. That's exactly one month from now. The sooner I get them the better.

Anything I forgot Juro? I've never done one of these before.
Old 12-16-2001, 04:37 AM

Bakers Dozen?

Gad Jerry haven't heard that term for a few years. The name count (including the readers) came to 13. Do you really mean send you 12?
fe
Old 12-16-2001, 10:47 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Hey Juro, help me out here

I do believe you had saiid that we send in the total amount (including ourselves in the trade). Thaat as my understanding fred. Plus, it will make it much easier for me to sort out. That way I can just sort iinto 13 piles and ot try to keep them seperated per tier. As of now you'd get one of your flies back, but it beats accidtaly sending you wrong paackage with without a fly.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:24 PM

Good answer to the "village idiot."

Looking forward to getting my 'post Christ's Mass holiday. Bench, and floor below are already littered with 'not quite good enoughs.' Not a world class tier by any stretch, but the buggers do hook fish.

Think (on occation only!!) Joan may be right about my powers of concentration. There, or not there at all. Fishing for a short while this morning and hooked up with Nate and his oldest son. I'm spey casting, he's single handing and (at the time) re-rigging his sons float rod.

Watching line and hook hangs up at end of cast, line bows so 'set the hook.' Zip. And Nuts! And reel in a bit of loose line and start waiding up stream a bit to get a better angle on popping fly loose. About 15'ish steps up stream and (Dah! is another way of spelling Fred) realize line is "following me."

About a 10# Coho on a #10 Prince Nymph; go figure.
fe
Old 12-17-2001, 12:30 AM

Exclamation

dang this sounds like fun, Ill have to keep my eye open for the next time yall do this. I want one of them coho catchen prince nymphs, first the ugly bug then the prince, whats the world coming to cohos dont bite nymphs:eyecrazy: .....Nate
Old 12-17-2001, 08:14 AM

Nate,

Never underestimate nymphs for all fresh water species. I grew up fishing them in my teenage years for Catskill region and North NJ trout. I have caught just about every greatl lakes salmon and trout species on them including 20+ pound king salmon, and cohos.

If I had one type of fly to fish for the rest of my life I think it would be nymphs for sure. Give them a try.

Prince, Zug Bug, Stone Fly, are great choices. Plus many of these are really easy to tie your self. Not the stone fly though that is more involved.

Plus just the word nymph reminds me of a couple of old girl friends, fond memories while in a cold michigan river I can assure you.

Good Luck:

devil:
Old 12-17-2001, 08:22 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Re: Ii'd say that's an affirm

Sounds great! Just a reminder, we want to get good images of all the flies to go into the archive. You don't need to include the recipes right now cause you'll put the recipe up next to the picture in the archive board.

Jerry, if you need any help getting the images done let me know, and most of all...

THANKS!

(don't forget your fly for the swap meister!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Steelheader69
I'd like to set the deadline to have flies to me at Jan. 15th. This should give peoeple plenty of time to get soom tied up and send to me. That's exactly one month from now. The sooner I get them the better.

Anything I forgot Juro? I've never done one of these before.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:51 AM

Jerry,
Is that 13 of the same pattern or a mix totalling 13?
Old 12-17-2001, 01:48 PM

Pm FLYFISHER
I know nymphs work , I caught a 15 lb coho last weekend on a ugly bug, its just funny.....Nate
Old 12-17-2001, 02:06 PM

Great, whats an Ugly Bug that must be a PNW pattern.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:15 PM
flyfishing catarafter

same pattern

make all 13 the same. it makes the fly exchange easier that way, we can get a standard type of fly from you.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:56 AM

Steelheader 69,

Mine are in the mail to you this morning.

Thanks for coordinating, looking forward to picking up some new winter steelhead pattern ideas from the group.

Keep tying every one !!!
Old 12-26-2001, 10:39 AM
President of CAC

I have not started yet.. but plan on the Jan 15 dead line.. I need to get the right hooks and figure out what to tye.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.