Its Raining, Its Pouring... - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2001, 11:10 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Its Raining, Its Pouring...

...and the bugrods are snoring!!!

It is a pretty humbling site to be in a 16' sled and to see 100' Alder tree and a stump/rootball the size of the boat you are in come floating downsream just in front of you.

GOD!!...I want to get out and toss some flies but Mother Nature just wont let me. On the bright side, for the first time ever, I fished the infamous Reiter Ponds all alone, all by myself. For about 90 minutes there was not another single fisherman.

Now if that can only happen in the middle of August when there aggresive summer-runs by the hundreds stacked in there. Surface fly steelies would be a piece of cake!!

If you look at the 10 day Weather.com forecast, we wont see any sun 'till the 22nd. Although it is a little depressing, I cant say I'm not happy as every inch of snowpack helps our struggling salmonids...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2001, 11:34 PM
LBFF Mojo

Yeah for the lack of a better word it sucks outside. Have not even thought about fishing the last few weeks. Well I have thought about it but then i take a step outside and retreat back into the house....

Have been hearing the hatchery showing has been impressive so far. Can you confirm?

If that is the case hopefully things are looking up for the nates this spring. Now if the rain will at least stop for a few days so the rivers can come around.

-sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2001, 11:53 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
The brats are here and here and in full force!!! I dont ever remember seeing this many brats...

Just to show you how good it has been, I read in the Herald today that Triangle Beverage already has like 40 fished brought in for their derby when of all of last winter, they had a total of 35.

And it isn't even Christmas yet!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.