Junior Members? - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2001, 10:06 PM
President of CAC

Junior Members?

Juro or Sean... You may have already covered this but why are alot of the posters refered to as "junior members". I remember this was an issue last year... just a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2001, 10:26 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

By default people who have less than 100 posts are junior members. With this new BB, all you do is go to the [user cp] page and make yourself whatever you want! We left the option to change your title open. I don't know how to change the defaults, but if anyone wants to modify their little blurb they are welcome to do so.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:36 PM
LBFF Mojo

We can change the defaults if someone has a better idea. Right now it is just junior member if < 100 and senior member if you are over 100 posts. But with the ability to change it to whatever you want then we might not have to worry about it.

-sean
Old 12-11-2001, 12:01 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
Lightbulb ...obscure protocol...

John (Mr. Loophole)...
I see you have been into those obscure by-laws again.
As you have apparently discovered...Written deep within the Forum Constitution is a little know area that indirectly deals with "junior" members and their associated duties/responsibilities...
If memory serves me right, under the "proper" circumstances such as, but not limited to, unexpected ebbing tide and/or the need to reposition "senior" members' kayak to the waters edge and/or not wanting to transfer the untidy smell of fresh caught fish to a "senior" members' hands, it is "expected" that the "junior" member will act "accordingly"...

John...I'm glad we finally straightened out this obscure bit of protocol...

Last edited by Penguin; 12-11-2001 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:27 AM
Fluff

Further, obscure by-laws dictate that: Senior Members who employ the services of Junior Members to avoid handling catch, thus avoiding potential soiling of designer fishing clothing while on the "course", shall receive gratuity, according to level of service provided by said Junior Member.

Junior Membership must remain in place; by-laws must neither be reviewed nor amended to reflect changes of Membership :hehe:
Old 12-11-2001, 08:43 AM

John
Isn't there something in those bylaws about Chatham? There's got to be....keep looking.

Lefty
Old 12-11-2001, 09:31 AM
President of CAC

Pete, Dave and Terry.... ok.. I deserve that... but I think you should know that the by-laws have adopted a similar by-law as was adopted by Farber College... know as double secret probation.. I find it my duty to invoke this codicil and place each of you on "DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION"----- removable only at my unfettered discretion. This of course is punishable by requiring that you fish countless days with me without the aid of prescription drugs. sorry...
Old 12-11-2001, 10:52 AM

Oh No!!! Double secret probation. Theres only one response to that. TOGA, TOGA, TOGA,...
Old 12-11-2001, 11:49 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...untouchables?!

John...That BIG carton of ball caps you ordered finally came in...
You know...caps of specified hi-viz colours that would make for easy long range identification of "junior"/"senior" members...
Also, Keith said they have completed the special restricted access, exclusive "seniors only' enclosed parking facility at the Morris Island Visitor's Centre with the "appropriate" "junior" vallet services in place, to include but not be limited to, gear prep, complimentary bag lunches/properly chilled no-alcoholic (hydrate or die!) refreshments, and a photo service to record for posterity.
I haven't yet received any progress report regarding the end of day "sympathetic consolation" psych services that you had asked about...'working on a small group "pay as you go" plan at the Squire... 'will keep you posted...
Old 12-11-2001, 12:04 PM
Fluff

Ah, yes - Double Secret Probation, as authorized in the by-laws of USV as well - the antidote to which is loud rock music; Stones, Credence, Hendrix, Cream, CSNY, Zeppelin, Norman Greenbaum, etc., preferrably played whilst numbing down with 80 proof anything (nothing controlled or illegal :eyecrazy: allowed - HAH !!!) patrolling brown water with several of your closest allies. Don't forget your Luckies, it'll be a long trip without them

Been there, done that. Can you suffer the musical accompaniment to this punishment, O Grand Inquisitor, or will this disqualify you and your minions from access to beaches and locations around CAC?

Last edited by DFix; 12-11-2001 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:34 PM
President of CAC

Oh Great..... I ask a simple question.... and those members, (not as outspoken as me),make light of my emotional problems from the lack of fishing. Did I ever tell you that I designed a fishing uniform and sent it to a flyfishing magazine... they rejected it of course....but I am not swayed by defeat.... I will have uniforms made for Dave and Pete to ...you know... try out. The required wearing during periods of Double Secret Probation... Toga parties or road trips will not lessen the effects of this. Now.... what was this thread about??:hehe:
Old 12-11-2001, 02:02 PM

John,

Why is it always about you? Did you ever stop to think about how WE feel? Sigh....

Yup, it's definately winter now! I love a good chuckle. Yeah baby!

Lefty
Old 12-11-2001, 02:22 PM
President of CAC

Old 12-11-2001, 02:51 PM
Fluff

What's that thing? - your next swap pattern ?
Old 12-11-2001, 03:00 PM
President of CAC

Last edited by striblue; 12-11-2001 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.