Trip Report Eleuthera 3/7-3/13 - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 03:21 PM

Trip Report Eleuthera 3/7-3/13

Great weather. Hot, light to medium breeze.

This was a unique trip because I forgot my gear sling with both of my best fly boxes with all of my Charlies, Gotcha's, and Clousers, etc... Basically all of my bonefish flies.

The only flies I had in my flyrod case where for tarpon, barracuda and some crabs. One of the crabs was like a sort of like a puff with sili legs. That was the only fly I used.

Off to Bert's for the Best in Tarpum Bay to buy a childrens back pack for $12.00 for my gear. I had spare nippers, hemostats, leader and 8# tippet. All set for 5-6 days of fishing.

The unique part was fishing with one type of fly the entire week. I hooked up early at Savannah Sound with decent schoolie sized bones. Took some on my beach in N. Palmetto and even tried a new spot, Twin Coves, and was rewarded. Not to mention to the south of Tippy's. Beautiful waves. Between Twin Cove and south of Tippy's I felt like leaving the rod on the beacn and just swimming. Awesome conditions.

An overall nice trip and an interesting tactic using just one fly.

Marty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 02:00 PM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: Western New York Steelhead, Bahamas Bonefish, Wild Western Trout
beats the cold weather we've had here!!! Sounds like a good trip!
God does not deduct from man's alloted time the hours spent fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.