Striper board quiet... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2001, 12:31 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Striper board quiet...

That's a new twist!

Hasn't been a post since o'dark thirty and that came from our friends in Seattle!

I recall people were thinking of hitting CT last weekend... any reports?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2001, 01:50 PM

Unhappy quiet board

Besides getting old and having hands that get quite numb in 40* air temps without any wind the fish have just left except for the holdovers here in Prov., RI. Any time it gets warm the winds are relentless- I don't look good in a clouser earring.
Old 11-19-2001, 02:09 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
After getting up at 0430 and collecting an eyefull of meteorites, it occurred to me that my hands and feet were quite cold and extra layers were in order before departing AreaSixtyOne for the short drive to the jetty at Seagull Beach. A rather sterile outgoing tide...I came up empty...Definitely not a Striblue wet wader kinda' day!

How 'bout those Pats?!
Old 11-19-2001, 02:55 PM
_

I've been down to CT a couple of times catching schoolies and shad. Plenty to be caught if you just want to have some fun and aren't concerned about trying for big ones.
Old 11-19-2001, 02:58 PM
Flats Rat

Wink

I was planning on a trip down to Gulf Beach to harass the Hickory Shad this past week-end but chasing the little white ball took precedence. Sunday was my planned day and it turned out to be cooler and windier than expected. I guess thats it for me this year since work has me travelling out to the windy city for the next 5 weeks which cuts into week-ends.

My next job is sorting out the fly-tying gear and getting ready for the up-coming swap season.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:59 PM

Talking New Software

What do you think fo the new software? I am getting ready for the holidays and the get together .
Fishing is over for me nw must do the Honeydew stuff. Have a happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for this board and the great group of people on it. FishHawk
Old 11-20-2001, 08:58 AM
Here fishy fishy

I'll be in CT from Wed night on for the holiday. Hitting the Farmington R Friday for some "Black Friday" trout fishing, then perhaps stringing up the 9# for some stripers down near Old Saybrook.

May prove to be a shock to the system: size 20-24 BWOs on 8x w/ a 5#, followed by a big chuck & duck pogie pattern.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.