Ah...What the Hell! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2001, 11:31 AM
Middle Aged Member

Ah...What the Hell!

Need to go down the Cape to clean gutters and rake on Sunday. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that fishin was over until spring. Tides look good for a try at the mouth of the Bass River so I think I'll give it a shot for a couple of hours Sunday AM. Can't wait to see the expression on my wife's face when I put the gear in the car tommorow. It'll be a look that could kill.

Fred A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2001, 11:54 AM

Fred,

Welcome back, hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Don't forget them thar trout!!

Good luck!
Old 11-16-2001, 11:57 AM

Fish on the beach @ Nauset this AM, might be too windy for the flyrod on Saturday but......
Old 11-16-2001, 01:08 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Spoke with Captn Bruce (Capeshores Charters) - still running charters, getting huge cod and a few big bass but very deep. They are also hanging with the herring several miles out.

I've caught them Nov 11th at Bass Hole / Chapin, they hang in the estuary a little longer there like Scorton's down the road but without the uninitiated company you often find over there. You might not be bothered 4x4 out there this time of year, but you can make the reasonable hike from Chapin's lot. The Yarmouth side is no good - the bank is too hard to walk on to reach good water. Dropping high tide casting into the hole across from the Yarmouth boat ramp has been the best approach when the fish are hanging around up Chase Garden Creek.

If you hit Bass try the dark bottom estuary park at the rotary by the bridge and walk down casting toward the docks, then toward the moorings, down to the big cove, etc. This spot holds fish over right thru the winter.

The high grassy banks up North Road on the Herring River in Harwich hold fish late into November, thru the winter, and very early in spring (April). They move up and down but like the bigger basin areas when the weather cools.

Don't forget about Sesuit Harbor, fish the channel between the two jetties from the mussel flats and the sandy bank where it's at it's narrowest when the tide is moving, preferably dropping because a flood pushes the fish up into the marsh.

These are just a few of the holdover spots within striking range, good luck!
Old 11-16-2001, 04:08 PM
President of CAC

Fred... what the hell is right...if your down there anyway you might as well give it a try.. besides you get casting practice anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.