Where do... where do we go now? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2001, 10:14 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Where do... where do we go now?

OK, no guns and roses. }>

August -

Rip Trip: This weekend is a good candidate for a rip trip and the Esteys' had a stellar day last week. Mung, but when it cleared the rip was loaded with fish. Exotics are in the vicinity, what a kick that would be.

Early September -

Rhody Tunoid Fever: small craft and sorties to specific high probabilty inshore structures along the south side. Lots of pea bunker now running the shoreline making in tight action a very good bet. If boaters join in, run the famous Sugar Reef area from Napatree point to Fisher's Island for bonito, albies, spanish, bass and blues. Cabins at Burlingame State Park campground, cheap.

Special guest: Pete L. from Calgary will be in Rhody 2nd week in September.

Late September: Outer Limits

With 4x4 passes about to expire for the year and migration getting started we should get together to work the big backside beaches in small groups (I can only take three for instance) to spread out from the race to the Chatham. Two-handers welcome

October: Fall classic, Rhode Island Octoberfest (Rhodyfest)

Burlingame cabins and tent sites, open fires allowed, drive to the site (no boat shuttle) so bring the big chairs and awnings. Right on the main drag with access to East Beach, Charleston, Quonny, Weekapaug, Napatree, Watch Hill, etc. Almost the season ender.

November: Carolina Clave

Early November, plans TBD for a trail-blazing expedition to experience 20 pound albies. I want to know why Steve Moore and crew goes down there armed for bear and come back without a working rod/reel outfit and minus a few fly lines, bleeding knuckles, but smiling after a few days of fishing.

Winter: Casting get together, tying session, show

Spring...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2001, 05:27 PM

Rip Trip this weekend sounds good to me. I'm in for Saturday which will be the better day for me Sunday's are tough getting off the Cape and work on Monday. Next weekend is Labor
day Weekend and it will be a zoo on the Cape.
FishHawk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2001, 04:55 PM

For starters, rip trip on sat or sun of the labor day WE sounds good to me otherwise, maybe someone would like to join me on the boat around Monomoy that WE, lets discuss ! Any WE during sept except the WE of 22nd/23rd I'm open as well as the prior week, vacation time, wife says "go fish !", And that N.C. clave sounds great, let's do it !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.