Saturday/Sunday? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2001, 05:40 PM
Craig

Saturday/Sunday?

Can someone tell me what the plans are for Sunday morning? Time and place is what I am looking for. I have been planing on being at White's landing at sun up or shortly before that. I will have my motorize canoe and I am willing to do some shuttleling/towing. Where will I be most need if at all?

Is anyone going to be fishing on Saturday? Is there a campground etc. where I could put the tent for Saturday night. Will anyone else be around, were we could split a sight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2001, 08:17 PM

Actually, I plan on being down on Saturday evening. Fish, eat, find a place to crash and then meet up on Sunday.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:56 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sorry for the late reply, late nights on thursday for day job duties due friday AM.

We will get started at 6am Sunday, some will be there at 5:30. If you look at the info page, there are links with directions especially the mapquest link which can be zoomed and printed, etc. The ramp is called White's Landing, and is located where the Childs River crosses rte 28 in Mashpee. Huge parking lot. Others are planning to park at other lots around the bay, like the Great River ramp on the east side of the bay.

First objective: Get our stuff out to base camp.

Meet at 6am. Load gear on boats. Get shuttled to island.

If site is vacant: then take over.
Otherwise: come back to set up camp later, go fishing!

Mid-day shift boats: come back to base camp at noon. Switch riders, go fishing again!

Special pick-up: Dave Williams and John Morin will need a mid-day pickup from Bigcat. I will discuss details with the three shortly.

Dinner crew: Needs to get back to base camp around 4pm to start dinner prep. We will be cooking dinner reasonably early to accomodate those who are returning Sunday night and want to beat total darkness for the ride back.

More to come.

Craig - go check out the info page and post any remaining questions in this thread.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:07 AM
Craig

Thanks Juro! I will be at White's Landing at 6:00 am Sunday. It would be nice for me to take at least one rider in the canoe to keep the bow down. If no one wants to ride with me I can just load some heavy gear in the bow and that will work also.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:06 AM

FYI: I'll be down around the Chatham area tonite, leaving after dinner. Anyone interested in hooking up just zip me off an email...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.