profiles in stubborness Chatham 8-15 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2001, 02:10 PM

profiles in stubborness Chatham 8-15

striblue & I decided to give the waters a try off S.Beach this morning. The overnight rains boded well for clearing this morning so it was off to the ramp at 5:30 to try our luck. The now persistant Chathm fog greeted us by the time we hit Morris I. but conditions still looked good by the time we set up our first drift out front.
The fish were more spread out than I had found prior and we needed to move about before starting to connect. No great size but we were picking away at them. Then the rains started, first a drizzle but eventually building into a long-lasting downpour that was of epic proportions. We continued to fish through it while moving north to avoid the t-storms that were passing over S.Monomoy.
John remained cool under pressure as we made conservative moves to put safety as near to the top of the list as conditions would allow.
Back to the dock at 11, as wet as I've ever been without swimming.
BTW, one of the charter captains took a bonito off the end ouf S.Beach early today.... Yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2001, 08:36 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Bob... your a great host ,and I appreciate spending the morning with you... Yes... You said it all... the rain was incredible. I forgot to mention on the boat that the only time I was concerned was when you had apparently had moved behind me to do something and I heard something with the motor...turned around... and because of the hard rain and having our hoods up.. you were GONE! My stomach went into my mouth and I said to myself.... " f**K...he fell OUT!!!". I then heard you.
Old 08-14-2001, 08:47 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

It didn't rain up north today, at least not where I was working. As I read this, I was between a no-win meeting and a bitching out by an unhappy producer who didn't like what I was saying and I thought... boy would I rather be there.

Whenever I see fierce weather and it doesn't harm anyone, it's an exhilarating experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.