Chatham-South Beach-Next Day - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2001, 11:32 PM
President of CAC

Chatham-South Beach-Next Day

Pete stayed at CAC and we left at 5 AM for the light house. Met Jim D at Larry's PX and Fred at the Light house. Slow, I pick up one good blue and then Jim Pete and I left for the 8 AM shuttle. Things were not like yesterday... worked the whole beach ,no birds or Seals. About 11 am they show up and Pete gets into fish... He Finishes with about 13 ,I get 2 and Jim one. A couple guys we fish with get a couple each. Same weather, slight change in wind direction and the surf bigger, but a wonderful day.All good fish ..same lenghts as yesterday but not as many into the shore line. I am changing flies as fast as I can.. different length sand eel... Pete starts giving casting lessons( he can be so anoying especially after a day like he had... telling me over the radio... " got another fish John") . Anyway a great weekend . I wish Jim was with us yesterday... But I will be back there when the tides are right. On the way back I learned from Keith that Juro went to North Monomoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2001, 11:26 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

There I stood all alone, giggling like a schoolboy with keeper bass surrounding me on a knee deep flat. Unfortunately I couldn't figure them out for a while, probably had to change flies a thousand times (man I will need to wash them all or they'll rust!) and ended up resorting to a fly you might have heard of that I hardly ever use - a deep eel! Clobbered them with it.

Pete - fess up... I know why you caught more than everyone else. I'll send you an email to see if I guessed right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.