Bayside? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2001, 03:14 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Bayside?

Who's watching the bayside? When the small bunker get onto the Quivett and Paine's flats and the nights get cool all hell breaks loose out there. My guess is that the Billingsgate fish come home for dinner. If anyone is scoping it out please let us know when the fall madness has started on the bayside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2001, 05:39 PM
Middle Aged Member

I'd check out Quivet this weekend but I'm preoccupied with the idea of hitting Monomoy. I hear the trail down through Crow's is tough this year otherwise I'd think about hauling the kayak down. I guess I could commandeer my son's Explorer... Shoot - just this afternoon I thought I had my next two weeks fishing all planned - now....

Fred A.
Old 09-04-2001, 05:53 PM

Fred -

If you hit NM, I would recommend getting there earlier than we did (tidewise) and stepping down the tall flat onto the darker flat to meet the fish coming in with the tide.

With you on Sat we ended up following the shore and working the next flat toward the humps (where I caught that gift keeper), although there were fish on that flat the first one we were too late for has been very productive recently.

Yeah, I know what you mean about decisions, decisions...
Old 09-04-2001, 07:17 PM
Middle Aged Member

My thinking is, with about an 11-12:00 low Sunday, fish the outgoing current down the east side. Pick up a few schoolies to eliminate the skunky scent, but don't linger. Then to the east end of the crib near the bottom to see if its like last year, then out to the west end at the bottom as you prescribe, ever mindful that the tide on the east end will be later than the west, I think. I'm definitely going to let the weather dictate whether I go or not. Lookin for a bluebird day. Otherwise I may do some some scouting over the Bayside.

Fred A.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:30 PM
The Clam Man

I expect to be in the Barnstable area saturday, at least for the morning. I'll post what I find saturday night if the cape computer (old clunker) allows me to access this board. If nothing on the board by 8pm, someone will have to check the R-T board and relay the info if it's good. It's one of the few boards, I have good success on post attempts.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:42 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Juro,
I'm staying at a friends house in Brewster, I think its right near the flats. That's where I'll be, I'll let you know if anything is up.
Nick
Old 09-05-2001, 06:48 AM

late morning lows, should be very good for sight fishing on the outer flats to the east of Paine's

If it were me I would bring the kayak and tether it to you, keep moving to the high flats and you should see huge pods moving east to west with the sun overhead

If the pea bunker are there the trenches and holes at the ends of the channels should hold lots of fish at the top of the flood

I love the bayside, I'll start hitting it more as the month goes on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.