A great day - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2001, 05:40 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

What can I say? Roop is a great host! The Doogues had a day that went a little ways toward just rewards for their great contributions and high spirits from the Spring Clave to Labor Day. Only wish Jim was there too!

Sounds like you guys were there "YESTERDAY!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2001, 07:25 PM
President of CAC

I will be at the Mecca the weekend after next... That's for sure.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:05 PM
President of CAC

I passed on going to North Monomoy with Juro, et al.. but the weekend was great... Had company with Bob Pink, Grego and Juro one night and Pete Grey the other. Chris and his brother stopped by for a while and was sworn into CAC. The Light House was slow except for today. French Pete caught two legal fish and I had one legal also at the rip while we watched Pete at the Mecca land some big fish. The two days of North wind had ended and I figured the fishing would change there... but the some spots still produced. Met Juro up at the lot and he was heading to North Monomoy but I had to get back and leave for Boston. Pete and I had dinner at the Squire last night and walked around town as Pete made conversation with anyone who would listen. I should have gone to North Monomoy instead of South Beach but it looks like I will have to wear waders when I go to North . Monomoy... The tide looks good for the rip in Two weeks ,and if I am still alive, I will be there before dawn..Don't tell Fish Hawk about the waders.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:15 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Ahhh, in two weeks? I will try to free up some time.

I hope that I can do it.

-Mike
Old 09-03-2001, 08:50 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Sooooooo, you kids went fishing this weekend ......
Guess my sojurn doing the inverted paddle in a yak had something to do with the fact I didn't go. Did you think I couldn't hold my breath long enough to paddle to that special place on Nauset too?
Help Pete... Guess I'm headed for one of those senior friendly craft that you and Fred are sporting this season. Definetely will make a purchase at one of those off season sales this fall or winter. Got your messages. Sorry we didn't reply. Spent the weekend on the water in N.H.. Thanks for lending me the fly last week. Made a few up and tried them on the local bronze-back population. Didn't catch squat. Juro's deep sandeel isn't all it's cracked up to be. Guess I had better add a second fly to my arsenal. The boys enjoyed your company.
Jim D.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:53 AM
Middle Aged Member

Jim,
I was in EMS last Thursday. 20% off on the Pungo's.

Fred A.
Old 09-04-2001, 02:59 PM
Wanna be striper bum

****PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST****
Old 09-05-2001, 05:28 PM

I got to spend a night at the hallowed CAC and the proprietor could not have been more gracious (well, maybe a little...) It was getting late and we had plans for an early attack...I got up to answer nature and passed by StrideRights' bedroom door which was not quite secure...and there's John, to my shock and suprise all decked out in his "secret closet outfit".
WADERS!...It's OK John...We love ya and respect ya...and just because you break down and wear waders out in public you will still have our heartfelt admiration and you will still be the IRON MAN that you are...Perhaps a some weaker IronAlloyMan would be closer to the truth...(kidding....kidding)
I'm a prisoner this weekend but if you're in town 15/16Sept
LET'S GO FISHING!
p.s.
The Katzenjammer kidz (AKA Mark&Mike) had quite a day and knocked over a big barrel of enthusiasm...then they rolled around in it...Way to go!...LIFE IS GOOD!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:36 PM
President of CAC

I will be down this weekend... unplanned .My wife thinks I left my lap top down there on purpose so I would have to go down... now... why would she think that. I am not that devious. Pete, the next wekend will be both days.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:20 PM

A very fine line (much thinner than the skin of a balloon) separates devious from resourceful...Or maybe you just had alot on your mind...like MORE FISHING!
John, I've got an idea...you wear a paper bag over your head (The Unknown Fisherman) and you can wear the waders and no one will have a clue! Even better...I hear the Norwegians are working on a clear neopreme like "dip"...lasts a few days. Keeps you warm and dry and then you peel it off...perfect for a weekend and no one will accuse you of being a sissy boy wader wearer!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.