Another Great Trip - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2001, 10:38 PM

Another Great Trip

First, let me offer my hope and prayers than no one of the gang suffered a personnal loss during the recent tragedy in NYC.
My thank's to Brendan, John, Juro, Roop, Fred and ArtB for the great times I had chasing the salties that I don't get to hook up with out here. Hope I did not forget anyone
I almost got all my goals met, save for catching a Bonito. But the little tuna we caught with ArtB and Cpt. Art will be a very respectable alternative.
New Learnings:
1- Chatham light is awsome, when John showed me the way out to the right spot after Juro and I had tried in the flats on the way out there
2- Hope that the "secret spot" across the way is there next year, I'll rent a Kayak and go out with Pete G
3- Fishing the flats on N. Monomoy must be great when the winds are not from the East
4- Read in a book that East is Least, what a truism!
5- Discovered Quonnie, Weekepaug and lots of other great spots with weird names
6- ArtB is a great host and extremely knowledgeable Ffisher, outstsanding host to boot and excellent photographer (my pics yet to come) Art, your Trouteater Red caught a 19 inch Brown this morning.
7- Big Bass that look like small seals will break your rod..
8- Fishing the South Beach from a boat is excellent, Thank you Brendan, favour to be returned when you come to the Bow
9- Juro's "Special Favourite Secret" fly is always a welcomed gift
10- Missed the CAC, Cubano's and Holy Peat Water (what is this insolence called Pogey Water?)
11- FALSE ALBIES ARE REALLY NEAT AND RUN LIKE THE WILD MUSTANGS...
12- BIG BLUES ARE MORE FUN THAN BIG BASS

Hope you all have a great "Official Opening", my taste buds will be with you. Can't wait till next year
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2001, 06:45 AM

Pete,

It was great to see you again.

Sorry we didn't get into more fish the one day we were together but obviously sending you & John out on Brendan's boat was the right way to go.

Glad to hear the rest of your trip was a success but, it's not really a surprise with your knowledge of how to find fish - no matter what kind of water they're in.

Look forward to trying to bring the family to your neck of the woods some time in July and trying out some of your trout waters.

Stay in touch.

Roop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2001, 06:51 AM
President of CAC

Pete, I glad we got to fish more than once... Thanks for the donation of the pogy oil and the Montecristos to CAC. Your chair is still reserved at CAC and I look forward to seeing you again. Keep in touch and take care.
Old 09-26-2001, 12:51 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Here's the latest pic of Pete and fish!...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.