S.Cape update - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2001, 08:38 PM

S.Cape update

Hit Falmouth this am in the hopes that the westward tuniod migration would be showing around S.Cape - Poppy Cotuit. Hit Wacky for the dawn schoolie show and donated my third rod in 4 weeks to the pile of broken graphite in my basement. Second fish on it too.... can't figure it. Anyway, micro albies all along the stretch from the golf course to the stone wall about 100 - 150yds offshore. Micro = 2 - 3# kinda cute little guys but very fussy. At least I got to see an albie this year, still haven't caught one! :-(
Things got spotty with fewer chances about 8:30 - 9:00 so I hit West Chop, Robinsons and the West side of Naushon on my way back to Falmouth. Lot's of folks fishing in each spot but neer' a bent rod was to be seen.
Report fron the launch ramp was that Cape Poge had lot's of hardtails the past two days..
For those wading, I'd say that the rip at the far East end of S.Cape beach might provide a decent shot at a shore tuniod over the next two mornings. Be prepared to wade deep though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2001, 06:07 AM

Nice to see you got out Bob - maybe you should try the sledgehammer approach next time!!

I had 2 twinkies yesterday morning for my trouble. Still worth the beautiful light of the moon, sight casting to schoolies in th dark.

Roop
Old 10-04-2001, 07:11 AM
President of CAC

Bob, that's a bad record on the rods... 3 in 4 weeks.. which rods just out of curiosity?
Old 10-04-2001, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Roop (10-04-2001 07:07 a.m.):

...I had 2 twinkies yesterday morning for my trouble.

Roop
Roop, were you fishing the North Shore? Sounds like it buddy.That's a typical day up heah, ayup!

Bob,
We call them EXOTOIDS now, get it straight.
Sorry to hear about your rods. Warranty?

Lefty
Old 10-04-2001, 10:41 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sounds like sushi flavored mints! }>
Old 10-04-2001, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Roop, were you fishing the North Shore? Sounds like it buddy.That's a typical day up heah, ayup!

Lefty
Sorry Terry, I couldn't make it all th way down to the north shore of CHATHAM yesterday AM. I would have if I had the time and I'm sure I would have had much more success!!

Roop
Old 10-04-2001, 12:47 PM

No warrantees I'm afraid. I had been using a line of rods called the Heritage from Phil Castleman in Springfield. I really liked the ultra-fast action ( seemed to compensate for my clumsy casting style ) but the mortality rate is too high. To Phil's credit he's already replaced one at N/C and another for a nominal fee, but even that's getting expensive for my budget. I tried the 909 StCroix Ultra Legend yesterday at Bears Den and I was tossing my clear int line over the fence at the end of the parking lot. Nice rod! Not mine yet though.
Old 10-04-2001, 04:48 PM

Mr. Pink,

I have the same St. Croix and love it.

As a matter of fact, last Sunday, in the wind, I was constantly debating making the hike back to the car to get it. I believe it would have been more appropriate for the cast I had to make in the high wind conditions than the T&T I was using.

Roop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.