RI Clave for this Weekend? 10/13 10/14 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2001, 05:56 AM

RI Clave for this Weekend? 10/13 10/14

Just wondering whats happening? The rooster doesn't seem to be up to date, I have got e-mail from some that have told me they signed up. I also expect that Capt. Ray will put an appearance, unless he is booked on both days.I am also working on somethingelse, but won't know until Thursday night. I haven't been fishing this week yet, I guess I am going to have to wait until Friday. I hope the fish stick around as the past 2 weeks have been real good, which can change over night. I am not trying to pressure anyone,. just trying to figure where I am going to be, and what I am going to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2001, 06:25 AM

I have been doing my best with the roster but it's very possible I missed someone. Anyone who is not on the roster that should be just sign up again and I will make sure I get you on there. I did have problems with my home email account and it's possible those who signed up early on may have fallen prey to my ISP's hungry mail server that was eating messages at random. I have stiperman on the list of those to add to the roster, other than that it's up to date based on the info I have. Art, please forward me a list of those you think are not accounted for, if it isn't too much trouble.
I've got to check out that rod you wrapped up last week, hope it gets tested by some bruisers soon.
Old 10-10-2001, 06:53 AM
Middle Aged Member

I'm hoping to be down mid afternoon Friday.

Jim - do we have a block of rooms reserved or do I need to make my own reservation at the motel? Or does it matter - just show up. Sounds like getting a room won't be a problem.

Really starting to get fired up. Never been down that way so I'm looking forward to exploring and fishing til I drop. Will need to stock up on the anti-inflamatories (don't know how to spell ibepropen). And, of course, I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Burton.

Regards,
Fred A.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:53 AM

Fred, I should be down there mid-day Friday as well. Bringing the Yak? I know some people have reserved their own. I think Juro contacted the hotel yesterday, let's get a hotel thread going. I don't think there will be a problem finding a place to sleep.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:28 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Just called again and left a message, never got a call back yesterday pm. It appears as if we will need three rooms, some of which provide three separate lodging areas at $105, others which provide two indivs in a large bedroom with a sleeper in the living room at $90. I expect a call back but will call from here again in a while.

Maybe we should ask Art for other lodging recommendations with similar layouts - separate lodging quarters, avg $30-ish per person per night?
Old 10-10-2001, 07:46 PM

I have been holding off posting with the hope that my shoulder would come around, I was involved in an accident, and hurt the shoulder and can't use the arm. So no fishing or boating for me. I hope you guys have a great time in Rhody.

Bigcat
Old 10-10-2001, 08:32 PM

Hey Bigcat get well.
I'm out. Wife's in school all weekend and I didn't evan dare ask before I realized that. Oh well, I'll get a few up north still. Have a great time guys. Jim, I'll send the hose down with Grego.

Lefty

hint: PI in the am for commuters
Old 10-10-2001, 09:22 PM

Hi Jim/Juro,

I too am wondering what the deal is with a room at the hotel. I am willing to share the cost of a room.

Jim - are you open to e-mailing me your cell phone number and I will call you when I get down there mid-day Friday.

TL,

Dave
Old 10-11-2001, 05:35 AM

Fliboy, You'll have my cell soon, feel free to call me once you get into the area Friday.
Bigcat, too bad about the shoulder, better to take it easy if you can so it heals correctly.
Lefty, Thanks for sending down the hose.
Both you guys will be missed at Rhody.

The hotel thing should all work out in the end, even if it's a bit confusing now. I think once people get there and we get some room numbers things will fall into place. I will be sending out an email mid-day today with a list of cell phone numbers and posting a plan later this morning.

It will all work out, it always does.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:24 AM

>> The hotel thing should all work out in the end, even if it's a bit confusing now. I think once people get there and we get some room numbers things will fall into place. <<

I'll bring a pillow & sleeping bag, in case I end up sleeping in my Truck!
Old 10-11-2001, 11:15 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

HOTEL:

We need two people to be the cardholder in the other two rooms. See the HOTEL thread for details.

Juro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.