RhodyFest Boating - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2001, 05:51 PM

RhodyFest Boating

I decided to bring the boat. I can take two for fishing and three for shuttles. I know a while back there was talk about a trip to RI involving a shuttle maneuver and I'd be happy to do this if it makes sense and there is interest.

If we don't do the shuttle thing I'd like to meet my two guests at the ramp at 5am rather than at the hotel if that is possible and doesn't throw too big a wrench in the works. I'd also like recomendations on a ramp closest to the likeliest action. I don't know the area well at all and the only Rhody ramps I know are at Sakonnet and Napatree (I think it's Napatree - if that's the one with the enclosed jetty type area.)

We'll also need to figure out who I take out. We can make it 4 people if we split the day.

Gregg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2001, 07:17 PM

I think that one with the closed in Jetty is Point Judith's harbor of refuge. Here is what we all used for directions last year.
Directions to Point Judith
from Boston
Route 95 South.
Take Route 4 south in East Greenwich. Route 4 will merge into Route #1.
Take Route 108 in Narragansett.
Follow all signs that lead to either Pt. Judith, Galilee, or Block Island Ferry.
As you go by Fisherman Memorial Camp Grounds, take your next right on Galilee Escape Road. There will be a suspended water tank at the intersection.
Follow to end. Take right, boat ramp on right 100 yds.
from Route 1 (From Burlingame Camp grounds)
Route #1 heading east. Take Route 108 exit. Same instruction as above.

If you decide to go here, Park your cars across the street from the boat ramp in the head fishing boat lot. You will get ticketed or towed otherwise.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:20 AM

Good karma on that boat.

Don't forget your putter!

Greg, if you still have a space left and I lose out on the drawing with Capt. Burton, I'd love to join you for 1/2 a day. I want to get a good deal of shore time in as well.

Roop
Old 10-11-2001, 08:34 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Napatree also has an enclosed area, but not enclosed by a jetty. The area inside Napatree Point is very sheltered and there are launches inside. Check out recent posts for locations listed, also ask ArtB, Peter Jenkins, Capt. Ray etc - for the best local info.

Glad to hear you're bringing the boat, hopefully I can get a lift out to "mecca south".
Old 10-11-2001, 09:02 AM

Castafly will be lurking in the area both days this weekend. Saturday is a full day outing, Sunday a half. Since I'll probably staying around south shore and bedding for the whole weekend, there might be times where short sorties might be possible for the beach crew.

Talked to Juro yesterday to include me in the cell tree. So Jim, If you haven't been contacted, please include me to the list. This way I can convey fishing reports or possible hook-ups with anglers.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:14 AM

Ray, That would be great. Juro did tell me you wanted a cell phone tree. I'll be mailing it out today.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:20 AM

Thanks Jim, to include me in the cell tree.

Great instuctions to the Galilee boat ramp. Very clear, right on the money. Couldn't say it any better myself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.