Marblehead Morning (2nd try) - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2001, 03:08 PM

Marblehead Morning (2nd try)

Pardon the duplicate post if you saw this already in the other thread.

Went out this morning for some more hit or miss fishing on the North Shore. Finally met MayorMcfish in the flesh. Good guy. He's been helping me with some new shore access spots just 20-25 mins from my house. We met this time in Marblehead. The fishing was slow but the information valuable. Having a veteren of an area show you the ins and outs go so far in my book. I did see a guy tossing poppers land a keeper. And another popper guy hook up a couple of mid 20s. Mayor dropped 3 micros in the wash. So all in all, the weather was incredible after the moon set and the dawn broke. Crisp fall sun at low angles blasting over the mansions.
The question is: where is all the bunker of 2 weeks ago? I got knocked over by a wave first time ever. Fortunately I had just shed my fleece and left it on a rock. That ended up leaving me with something dry to wear. I also had a good slip on some rocks- landed on my butt. Combat fishing. I kept my PFD on the whole time as conditions are rough out there. Gentlemen, there still a few weeks of spotty action, if you can find them. My search continues at a pace of one (maybe 1.5) outings per week.

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2001, 08:44 AM
Recent Member

hey- that was fun. I'm sorry there weren't more fish. There were some big fish in Swampscott this morning. They wouldn't eat flys, but they loved mackerel plugs.

We'll have to fish again (with GregO too.) Although that other post makes me wonder if you two are the same person

(I carry my stupid knickname to yet another board)
Old 10-04-2001, 05:53 PM

I hit Manchester for a few hours last night, NADA. Slimy weeds at Black/White. All I got was Sleepy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.