Makobound Saturday Morning - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2001, 05:20 PM

Makobound Saturday Morning

I just heard from my son. He wants to leave his slip at 5:30am Saturday morning. This means the ones who are interested in going will have to be at Weekapaug west lot by about 5:05Am so we as a group who is going to go, and get them shoved off in the right direction. The reason it is so early is that there is a lot of boats on the water on the weekend, and he has to be back at 9AM for a charter at 10AM as he has to pick them up at another location. It is something that has come up pretty fast, and I don't want any hard feelings. My son was out there again today, it is wall to wall albies from Watch Hill to Napatree. If you are interested be there at 5:05 at the latest. I will be on later tonight, and am going down in the morning tioll about 1PM. Will be on Friday night as I will be home. I will have my cell phone on tomorrow if I haven't any fish on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2001, 05:51 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Art,
Saturday morning I'm gonna be out in my father's boat on a family adventure. I'd love to hear any pointers you have for our travels. we'll be leaving the mystic river around 6am and I'm heading on to Watch Hill. Hope to see you out there, otherwise maybe on Sunday when I come back for shore duty. What can the non fly guys in the boat throw for the albies? Offline at nsvencer@analogic.com if you want. I'm getting real excited now.

Nick
Old 10-11-2001, 06:40 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Art -

We're not into bad feelings here. Why don't people show up and draw straws? Anyone not interested won't show, anyone who shows and doesn't pull the straw is already in a great spot to fish at dawn. No losers!

BTW -

Would you recommend Phyllis' place for Gregg Estey to launch his boat?

thanks Art
Old 10-11-2001, 08:47 PM

Yes, Greenhavan is a good place for Greg to put his boat in, some think it is expensive at $10 in, & $10 out. I think Pete Gray is talking though about Barn Island, I don't know that area, but there is rocks in the cove, if you go there be careful. From Greenhaven Marina just follow the buoys as there is rocks close to the channel. There is a shortcut going out about parrallelwith Napatree backside. It is marked, but not very good. My son cannot take that shortcut with his boat, draws too much water. I want to caution anyone that gets outside, the reefs are not very forgiving, ask GregD I think he broke his skeg a few days ago at Wicapisset, which is one of the reefs between Watch Hill, and Fishers Island. I hope I answered about the ramp.On a weekend I think Quonny is very crowded. It also is a wader ramp, with rocks on each side. If Greg goes there, follow someone out, just remember just clear the right hand wall, and go out at about a 45.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:05 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Gregg -

I'm no expert but Greenhaven sounds like the best choice, the breachways are pretty hairy unless it's slack and you go right into the surf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.