Last minute opportunity to fish Mexico - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2001, 11:38 AM

Last minute opportunity to fish Mexico

There is a place on the mexico/belize boarder Called Paridise lodge that has awsome tarpon/permit/bonefishing/snook That is having a sale two angler for one. It is a great lodge and a seldom fished area. It goes from now to Dec 15. It would be 1425 for 4 days/ 1500 for 5 days fishing. We would fly to cancun. This includes everything. If anyone is interested please send me an email at nsmith@genuity.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2001, 01:54 PM

Nate,

Where have you been Hiding?

Due to recent (unfortunate) events, I think we'll be seeing Many Good Travel Deals coming up. I went this past March. So, whos going to step up & do some stimulating of the Travel/Tourism Economy?! Think of it as your Patriotic (Capitalistic) Duty!
Old 10-01-2001, 03:05 PM

Haven't been fishing much lately. I bought a pair of German Short hair points and have been doing alot of bird hunting. Anyway, I have make some posts on the trout board but I don't suppose any of you stripaholics check anything but this board.

Anyway the fishing is suppose to be like casa blanca 25 years ago. Tons of Tarpon 10-45lbs, permit and snook, and bones, though the bones are pretty weak in Mexico (1-3lbs).

I figure the whole trip will cost about 2100.00 for the 5 days fishing.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:19 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Nate

. Nate;
How old are the G.S.P.'s and where are you doing birds?
Our GSP "Magnum"is 7 yrs. old, a great hunter, and a handsome pup. Problem is the last time I hunted him in N.H. he collided with a barb-wire fence and cut himself good. I havn't hunted him since and it has made my wife very happy.
Might be time to get his paws off the couch and back into the alders.
Jim D.
Old 10-02-2001, 02:56 PM

Come on. Just think polling throught a mangrove lined beach and seeing a slight flash of silver about 50 feet ahead. Casting a small apt too to it then another flash, a slight pull, you pause for just a second, then hook set. As soon as you set the hook the Tarpon makes a furious run then launches 6 feet in the air. Then threading the needle of the mangroves to cast to a 15lbs snook who explodes on your white popper. Maybe it's that permit that eludes you time and time again until finally he sucks down that merkin. Afterwards, sipping down boat drinks as the sunsets behind the palm trees.

or

Reading about it in your latest copy of saltwater flyfishing. Maybe bagging up those leave in the back yard. O I've go it clean out the garage...............
Old 10-02-2001, 04:08 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

You are quite the salesman Nate! I am feeling a little less the avid angler I profess to be because I won't be able to do this, but it's one of the best proposals I've heard.

There are several young or single bucks out there who might be missing the trip of a lifetime...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.