HOTEL SITUATION - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2001, 11:06 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

HOTEL SITUATION

After calling over and over to get a fax tone, no callbacks from the mgmt, several messages left, etc - I finally got hold of the mgr directly and reserved three rooms. With Steve Leisman's room that makes four total.

One of the rooms is the apartment style where there is a full kitchen. The other two are two double beds with a cot in each room. If these arrangements are acceptable to all, three will stay in each room. The price per night including RI tax and room charge = $117.60, divided by three = 39.20 each per night.

I have put one of the rooms on my credit card, we will need two more people to do the same to secure the rooms that are held without deposit. I don't think they will sell out but one never knows. It will assure a sense of security on the matter as well.

The hotel is a horseshoe shaped place right on the beach facing the ocean with a deck all the way around and a large gathering area in the middle of the shoe with picnic tables, etc. Mgr thinks it's ideal for a fishing group. Sounds pretty good to me, albeit a little more than the camping route.

There are currently 9 people looking to stay in a room including Steve, balance of 8 lodgers in three rooms. Capt. Ray will crash with us on Sat PM, making an open slot for Friday night.

Friday layout:

Kitchen room: (Fri and Sat nights)
cardholder: juro
Other two to split: unassigned

Room2: (Fri and Sat nights)
cardholder: needed
2 beds in same room, plus cot - unassigned

Room3: (Fri)
2 beds in same room - unassigned
Part of the 117.60 is a $15 cot / extra charge so this will not apply for the Friday in one of the rooms. The per person chg will be $45 plus tax for this room on Friday unless third lodger is assigned.

Room3: (Sat)
2 beds in same room, plus cot - unassigned

Note: There is room all over the south side this time of year so if you are not interested in these arrangements reply to this thread and I will let the mgmt know of the changes.

I've put considerable time to this despite slow resolution and apologize for any anxieties. I invite people to continue to take charge of such tasks in the future in these situations to spread the load. Special thanks to all who have made this possible with their hard work, hope you win the straw lot and get a ride with the Rhody coast's pro charters!

See you there, post questions and comments HERE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2001, 11:10 AM

In case I was not clear in the last email:

[#]two people need to make deposits if they want to hold a room (not doing so will allow flexibility about where to stay, but will not secure a room)[#]others will grab a place to crash in one of the three rooms[#]Friday will have a spot open but the room will be a few bucks more[#]post everything here so we can hash it out

Sandy Shores, Misquamicut RI (401) 596-5616
Old 10-11-2001, 11:19 AM
Middle Aged Member

I just confirmed, by credit card the second room.

Fred A.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:29 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Juro,
You guys are staying right in the middle of it all! If the lights are still on at the Andrea Hotel over the beach, (West of your place), I would check them out if anyone is into night fishing. In the summer, they are HOT, but never fished them in the fall. Art?

Nick
Old 10-11-2001, 12:07 PM

Knowing that things were uncertain when I sent the email, I took my best shot at how to deal with Ralph. Looks like you guys have the hotel reservations just about in order.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:16 PM

I see from the Roster that there are 9 people signed up to stay at the hotel, which works out good since each room holds 3. However, everyone except ME signed up for Friday night & Saturday Night. I just signed up for Saturday Night; because I planned on driving down Very early Saturday morning. If I am messing up the System just say so; I can drive down Late Friday, if that will make things work out more smoothly. I don't mind cause I'll get a little more sleep.

So, just say the word & I'll commit to Friday Night at the hotel along with everyone else?
Old 10-11-2001, 01:16 PM

Grego, I think it would be worth it to stay over Fridy night Just for the sleep factor. That's a long drive in the AM.
Old 10-11-2001, 02:00 PM

Hey Guys
I just spoke with Ralph and booked Rm #3. 2 other people can crash in this room with me.
Grego, maybe you should come down on Fri night if paying the extra bit of $ isn't a problem. You'd be much more rested for the w/e.
Brian Zinck
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
(Should be down around 4-5pm)
Old 10-11-2001, 02:41 PM
Recent Member

I was down at Andreas on Tuesday night and the lights were on. The birds were out in force, but it was too windy for fly casting. There were a few guys there with conventional tackle. They caught a couple of fish in the hour or so I was hanging out there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's busy on the weekend.

Donald Cox
Old 10-11-2001, 02:47 PM
bardy

Hey juro
I have already made a reservation at another hotel. This is my first "Clave" and I am not totally up on the procedures. I have already paid for my room for the weekend. I will be down Friday and hope to hook-up with the Forum Friday night. See you then
Old 10-11-2001, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Well, it looks like one of the rooms will go with two people for both nights. I'll figure out a way to cover the balance of costs, we'll talk about it down there.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:09 PM

Hey all,

If there's definately doing to be room on Friday, I'll come on down & help split up costs better. I may not get there til 10 or 11 PM. I'll see how the room space looks tomorrow & decide from there. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2001, 05:25 PM

Who can I bunk with? Just kidding.

Wish I could make this year but can't. Plus I had to pass up a chance to go to PI this morning. Finished a scrip of antibiotics for a sinus infection and turned up an allergic reaction to the meds. Now I'm covered in hives. Knock 'em' dead guys. Signing off for the itchy and scratchy show. UGH!
Old 10-11-2001, 08:57 PM

You guys know where my thoughts will be all WE, good luck, and PLEASE bring back plenty of pictures, I just love seeing what I'm missing, RIGHT ! Also, be careful out there.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:09 PM
Recent Member

Quote:
ssully (10-11-2001 06:26 p.m.):
Who can I bunk with? Just kidding.

Wish I could make this year but can't. Plus I had to pass up a chance to go to PI this morning. Finished a scrip of antibiotics for a sinus infection and turned up an allergic reaction to the meds. Now I'm covered in hives. Knock 'em' dead guys. Signing off for the itchy and scratchy show. UGH!
HEY WHO IS THIS SULY GUY USING MY MUGSHOT ON THIER MESAGE?!?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.