Venice Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2001, 04:44 AM
Wanna be striper bum

Venice Report

Men,

Jusy FYI - the anchovies are all over the Venice canals. I also witnessed a blitz on my way out to Murano Island yesterday. Italy's fishing season is not over yet. I also witnessed a sortie of boats fishing between the 2 piers that lead out to the adriatic last night. I should have brought my new 5 piece RPLXi here with me (returning my 10 weight Winston - not the rod for me).

Alas, I am on the tail end of my honeymoon here in Italy and I just checked the board for the first time in weeks. Sounds like the late fall has treated you all well. Let's hope that there are a few more 30" cows left for you all this season. I cut my season short but she is definitely worth it. I was just teaching her how to spot schools of anchovies and I gave her a lesson on why polarized glasses are a must for this game. Just getting her ready for next season.

See you all soon and I thank you all for a great season. It was incredible.

Later...

Mike

P.S. Jeff Borkowski...did I hear that you moved back to Connecticut. Please tell me that you are saving $$$ for a nice oversand vehicle! Kirsten says that we are counting on you for that ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2001, 05:58 AM
Middle Aged Member

Mark,
Congratulations and best wishes.

Are you suggesting I should pack a rod next week (just kidding...I think)? I'll be visiting a few ports on the west side of the boot.

Fred A.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:29 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Congrats on the wedding and the honeymoon. When I backpacked Spain, I had my 4 piece attached the pack at all times. I took it out a few times, but never caught anything. When I asked for help in Portugal, they told me to use sardine bellies. I said that I wanted to "ir de pescar con mosques" and no one seemed to understand that I wanted to fish for fun and not food. Needless to say, people seemed to get a kick out of me flailing a flyrod off of a bridge one evening in Tavira. My rule of thumb is that if the fly rod is not in the way, why not bring it?

Nick
Old 10-26-2001, 10:08 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Congrats and great to hear from you Mike... it must be something to be in Venice! The food! The ambience! The thoughts of flyfishing! Ooops!

If I'm not mistaken I seem to have a memory that there are funny looking flats boats with guys who will pole you around out there. Should we send a travel rod and a handful of rhody chovies fed-ex? }>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.