RhodyFest: Thanks Guys - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2001, 07:07 AM
Recent Member

RhodyFest: Thanks Guys

Just wanted to thank you guys for a great weekend. Enjoyed the company immensley and appreciate your welcoming a newcomer into your midst with such hospitality. I can't think of a situation where I've joined up with people I hardly knew and felt so welcome so quickly.

Look forward to fishing with you all again in the spring, if not sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2001, 08:18 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

The pleasure was all ours, and kudos on racking up some big numbers on those Ninigret night fishing sorties. In retrospect, sleep was highly over rated! Maybe it was those Gucci waders ;-)
Old 10-15-2001, 12:04 PM
Recent Member

I guess you make your bed and you do or don't sleep in it. Sleep is overated and fashion is underated.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:53 PM

Hey Steve - had a blast fishing with you! Thanks for letting me join you at Ninny - probably my real first experience doing some serious night fishing and fishing in a salt pond for that matter. I'll e-mail you my address and make sure you include your return address. I owe you a dozen black Ninny Maribou Clouser.

May take you up on that offer to show me your "stomping ground".

TL,

DaveP
Old 10-16-2001, 12:43 AM
Recent Member

Dave, I wouldn't mind having a couple of guys down on the board for a little NY fest once I can confirm we got the schools of bass around. It'll give me a chance to return the favor. We even get an occassional bonita. Hopefully I'll get out this week to see what's happening. In years past, when the weather gets into a pattern you can usually rely on the fish showing up at the same place and time. Any day with light winds and 50 degrees in early Nov. should be a go.
Old 10-20-2001, 01:31 AM
Flats Rat

Hi Steve

Glad to see you're o.k. and finally caught up with the forum. Sounds like you had a blast last week-end. Fishing for me has been a non event this past couple of months owing to loads of work related travel , which is a real pain, especially this time of year. I was planning on a serious end of season campaign. :'(

Anyway, I would love to hook up as and when they show up in our local waters and maybe get some of those gys from slightly North of here down to join in.
Old 10-20-2001, 08:52 AM
Recent Member

Adrian, heading out tomorrow --- Sun. am -- to reconnoiter. Haven't seen the big schools of bass yet that we normally have this time of year, but this'll be my first day time trip in a while. In fact, except for an ill-timed dead-tide night trip on Thu., I haven't been out in a couple of weeks around here.

Reluctant to invite others down yet till I'm sure they are here. Might be they are still up in RI. (Of course, it could be just our local fish that school up. I don't know how to tell except if I catch one with one of my flies in its mouth.)

So email me if you want to borrow my canoe and head out on a speculative journey. Or i'll just let you know what i find. Funny thing is, you've got to find the time of day that they are up. When you get that, the pattern can hold for a week or more. Hopefully, it's morning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.