Burkheimers ? - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2001, 04:30 PM

Burkheimers ?

Sounds like some of the guys down in the SW part of state know a lot about Burkheimer rods. I've only looked at one spey rod a guy was fishing on the Sky and need I say any more than it was just the most beautiful rod I've ever layed my eyes on. I don't spey cast but would be interested in an 8wt single hander. From what I hear the blanks are custom made and designed in Washougal. Love my Winston BL5 for summer fish because it's soft and cast effortlessly a double tappered floating line. Are the Burkheimers similar in their softness? Would love to own one one of these days, I bet they are expensive but that's ok you get what you pay for.
OC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2001, 09:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to roballen
OC.

Kerry designes and builds all of his own rods. I have not cast any of his 8wts. He does not have what you would call a production rod. He can pretty much build anything you want. Your best bet would be to call or e-mail him with a description of what you'd be interested in. However be prepared to wait. Kerry is busier than you could possibly imagine. If you can afford to wait for a higher quality rod the Burkheimer is for you. If you need it right away buy a sage.
Like i said i have not cast any single handed 8wts of his but every rod of his i have cast absolutely blows the doors off of like rods of other manufacturers. He can build you a rod to fit about any action you would like.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:20 AM

Roballen is not kidding when he says be prepared to wait, I am still waiting for the rod sleeve for a rod that I ordered from Kerry last fall. I like the rod, but don't know if it was worth all the effort to try to get
Old 07-20-2001, 12:44 AM

Jet sled what do you mean by a rod sleeve?? as in a rod sock??? If so what rod did you get? I'll see if we have one
Old 07-20-2001, 02:31 AM

sock is what I meant, it is for a 15'8" 10 weight.
Old 07-20-2001, 02:57 PM

Well yes the waiting thing is true. I have been waiting for my 13' 8wt that was dropped off at Kerry's shop in early March.

andre
Old 07-20-2001, 03:54 PM

Thanks so much for the info,
Sounds like Kerry is real busy or maybe just testing out his beautiful goods that he designs and manufactures. Would love an address & a phone # for Burkheimer if anyone has it.
Thanks Rob for conveying the long wait. I have some time before I'll order one, still have a lot of finish work restoring my old Rhodes Chesapeake sloop. I thought fly fishing was expensive try a complete restoration on a 32 foot sail boat. As for the Sage rod idea I'll take my Winstons till I get a Burkheimer.
Thanks
OC
Old 07-20-2001, 08:18 PM

2001 b street
Washougal WA, 98671

(360) 835-1420

Andre.. The reason your butt section was not finished a long time ago is because the graohite was back ordered and the graphite manufacturer lost the order. We have the graphite now and are making arts as fast as humanly possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.