I finally get to fish this weekend! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2001, 10:49 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I finally get to fish this weekend!

Well, my plans are firmed up for the weekend. My sister didn't want me to lose my weekend on the Cape to meet on Saturday night so I plan to visit her on the west coast to make up for it. My wife wants the family to do the cape thing so I will be squeezing in a few casts here and there around the south side wishing I was at the EarlyBird instead of playing miniature golf with the kids. Actually, I am so sick of winter miniature golf with the kids sounds pretty great about now!

But the Early bird sounds better. The only option would be take a wrong turn at I-95 but I am driving my son down and I'd have to hold him hostage. It's not his response I fear, but his mother's!

So I will be mid-cape bound. I have a couple shallow dark bottomed estuaries I've been fishing since before moving out west where new arrivals hold in early spring, one with a herring run where some of the spring bass are surprisingly large. It's probably not the best bet considering fish haven't shown up around points further to the west and south - but it's a first day folly.

My son wants to do our annual kettle pond trout trip too. Should be fun! Feels good to be talking about wetting a line again. It'll probably take me 6 hours to get my gear together! ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2001, 02:45 PM
Recent Member

Have a blast, Juro!

We will sure miss you at the Kenney Abrames Seminar in Duxbury.

But don't worry: I'll drink your coffee and eat your donuts in the morning session and I'll eat your Roast Beef, Turkey, and Tuna Salad & Potato (or is that Potatoe?) Salad, Rolls, Cookies, et al, in the afternoon session.

I'll buy your raffle ticket too and win the Scott SAS Fly Rod. I'll have Kenney autograph your Striper Moon & The Perfect Fish books, and I'll buy your R.L.S. Hackles.

So don't feel bad for not being able to make it.

Hmmm.... I guess that's about it. OH - I'll take some notes for you too and maybe we can fish together soon!

(stripers in the canal yeterday....)

Capt. Dave
Old 04-20-2001, 06:56 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

WOW Dave, that sure sounds good... if I had a way I would be there. I admire Ken a lot and it sounds like a great way to spend the day before the stripers arrive. I'm sure those who can make it will have a fantastic time and thanks for keeping us up to date with all the cool stuff you have going on at the shop.
Old 04-21-2001, 01:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Dave, you shoulda hit me up for some of those raffle tickets while I was there on friday. woulda been glad to buy some

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.