Crossraods Anglers Meeting on Tues the 28th in Foxboro - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2000, 10:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Crossraods Anglers Meeting on Tues the 28th in Foxboro

hi all, if anyone is interested in learning the "Ray's Fly" pattern, or just interested in learning other patterns or just tying in general, this is the place to be. A great group of guys, and very active. they usually have stuff for the beginer, so if you have no vice you can come anyways. If you need, email me and I can bring one for you to use if you don't have one. the meeting starts at 6:30 till 9 at the South Foxboro Community Center. if you need directions email me or call me at 781-784-4332, I'm home during the day. Tom D

P.S. they are raffling a custom Scott sts 9' 9wt(I won the one last year) $2.00 per tic for a $500.00+ rod (it cost me a whole $22.00 for mine : ) they also have a bunch of smaller items they raffle at $1.00 each(fly-tying equip, videos, stripping baskets,etc...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2000, 09:56 AM
President of CAC

RE:Crossraods Anglers Meeting on Tues the 28th in Foxboro

Tom, I am very interested and will e-mail you. I tried my first hand at it with Bob Pink's help a couple of weeks ago and I will be buying a vice and material ASAP. But ,this , as well as other groups would be great and you mentioned they do work with beginners and I am a rank beginner.
Old 11-25-2000, 12:17 PM
Middle Aged Member

Tom, sounds great and convenient for me, as I work in Foxboro. Unfortunatly I'm traveling this week. How often do they meet?

Regards,
Fred A.
Old 11-25-2000, 01:12 PM

Fred, the 4th tues of each month, at 6:30.
John, if you're gonna just do the Ray's fly, all will be supplied
Old 11-25-2000, 03:59 PM

John, if you are going, let me know. I'll bring an extra vise,or 2, and all else you need. (this same offer is for all board members that I can supply) don't hurry to buy a vice, unless you've played with a few. there'll be many different models and styles there to compare. I bought cheap at first and wasted money(not that you need to spend a fortune), so look at what's out there and get many opinions. I have a renzetti traveler, a danvice, and a griffin patriot cam, and a regal. oh, and the cheap one I've never used to do more than use to dry epoxy. I have extra bobbins, scissors bodkins, etc... so bring it if you have it or tell me what you'll need and I'll bring them for you. I can't get there as the meeting starts, but if you let me know asap I can give the gear to my freind Ed Shea who'll have it there at the beginning of the meeting for you. if you get there early, you may want to bring a rod for casting practice in the parking lot, one of the members usually gives casting instruction before the start(not sure if it happens when it is too cold, or in the dark, but worth dragging along just in case. Tom D
Old 11-27-2000, 02:45 PM

Directions: from 95 get of at the rt 140 exit (exit 7, I think)toward foxboro center. in the center go 3/4 around the town square after a bank on the right is South St. take South St. for a few miles to the corner of North Grove St. the South Foxboro Community Center is on the left at that intersection, with a church on the other side of N. Grove St.. if no parking is available in the lot, you can park over in the church lot. don't park on the street please! any questions ? you can call me. Tom D 781-784-4332
Old 12-26-2000, 10:00 AM

Crossroads Angler's main presentation tonite with be a journey of sorts from Rhode Island to Cape Cod on fly fishing for stripers. Nice way to think about spring on a cold day like today. Presenter tonite will be Cast a Fly Charters. Need directions and times, look at the previous post.
Old 12-26-2000, 11:13 AM

tonight they raffle a lamson lp3.0 reel, the rod was won last month
Old 12-26-2000, 12:37 PM
President of CAC

Tom, emergency message!! is it tonight or the 28th???
Old 12-26-2000, 09:49 PM

John, sorry, I didn't see your post earlier. it was tonight, this post was from last month. crossroads is always the 4th tuesday of the month. UFT is the 1st thursday of the month. Tom D
P.S. the Lamson reel will be raffled next month, they sold tickets tonight, but the raffle will be drawn next week.
Old 12-27-2000, 08:43 AM
President of CAC

No problem Tom, I will look for you at the UFT meeting in early January... Also, I sent you an e-mail that confirms I will bring your loaner vice to the Stony Brook Clave.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.