How I got the Snoqualmie all to myself on the 4th of July! - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2001, 01:17 AM
Mr. Mom

How I got the Snoqualmie all to myself on the 4th of July!

A chunk of it anyway! There I was walking in to the run at the confluence of the Tolt at 6 a.m. 6 gear guys, feet firmly planted in the ground, not moving an inch. Up walks a guy who says "The county was supposed to have the the gates to the road and campground locked to keep you guys out. There's a 5K race and you have to move all your cars." Well much grumbling ensued, and everyone walked up to their cars and left. I walked to my car and drove up to the boat launch about 150 yds upriver, if that far! I expected to see all those cars that had just pulled out but nobody was there! I walked down river and had the entire run from the mouth of the tolt to the footbridge for an hour and a half! Hooked up on my second cast into the whitewater at the head of the run. Man... A 4th to remember!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2001, 01:32 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Lastnight was the first 4th of July in years that I did not manage to bring a fish to hand, although I did manage to lose one.

There is nothing like fishing through the Deer Creek as the Klasicks (the property owners just upstream) shoot bottle rockets in your direction. A couple years ago I left early after one misdirected (but arent they all) bottle rockets exploded with inches of my head.

It was kind of a sureal experience as I was fishing through and seconds after seeing the brilliant greens and reds of a rocket explode over my over my head, a beautiful bald eagle made a fly over.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:19 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Very clever Phil! One of my regular haunts too, at least formerly.

Happy belated 4th to all BTW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.