Bass River Flats and South Beach inside and out. WOW! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2001, 05:12 PM

Bass River Flats and South Beach inside and out. WOW!

5/11
Bass River Sand Flats:
Worked the afternoon incoming tide with the bright sun over head and saw about 350 Stripers and 12 Blues in about 3 hours. Schools of 5 to 50. All within casting
range with fly rod in 3-5 feet of crystal clear water and light colored sand. They would not eat the squid so I finally started to get them on a 5 inch sand lance.

5/12
South Beach:
Worked the inside on the drop, surface and sub surface with one here and there. I think the slower tide had something to do with it unless those Blues chased and
ate everything? Walked to the outside and WOW, some interesting changes have taken place. It was fun to explore some brand new bars, points, bowls. As the tide
turned and started to rise I saw approx. 1500 stripers in 2 hours within casting range. Schools of 50 to 200 swam in as little as 1 foot of water. Some keepers were
in the mix. They ate the squid reel good! Bright sun, high noon, crystal clear water and nothing but the sound of the surf to keep me company.

Both days I enjoyed throwing the two hander. Its an Orvis 9 weight, 14 footer. Its nice not getting whacked in the head with a clouser any more.

Best Fish's,

Randy Jones
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2001, 10:20 PM
Middle Aged Member

Saw Randy's vehicle has I was pulling out Friday. Wished I had noticed it on the way in. Could have surrepticuosly watched how he fished the area. Randy, was that you on the point to the left of the parking lot?

Fred A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2001, 06:08 AM

Yup, I was a lil early on that spot, not enouph water. After sight fishing in another area all afternoon, I came back there and hit several real quick before I called it a day.

Best,

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.