Brewster Flats - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2000, 08:18 AM
Aaron

Brewster Flats

I've fished the Brewster Flats the past couple of falls (September and October) with some success. I'd like to fish the flats during the day this summer but I am at a loss on where to park. When fishing the flats on summer early mornings and late evenings, I just park in one of the beachside lots off Robbins Hill Road and don't worry about it. Only other fishermen there at those times. However, based on the signs stating a Brewster Residence Pass is needed to park during the day, I am wondering if there are any alternatives to parking for the wading angler.

Tia,

Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2000, 11:22 AM

RE:Brewster Flats

If you are fishing the mornings and are gone by say 9:00 I have never had any problems with parking. They don't seem to care if you are already there. It is just that they won't let you get in once the parking people get there.
Old 06-18-2000, 06:36 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Brewster Flats

Likewise, you can show up around 4:30 - 5:00 pm and get a start on the evening. They usually won't bother you about that either. After 5 it's fair game. Brewster is generous in that they permit us to access it thru the day into early June (vs. Memorial Day in other towns).

There is an option for parking in the area just to the west. There is opportunity to access the same waters but only with additional walking and careful management of tides. This parking is available all the time.

Send me an email if you would like more details.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.