Rhode Test - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2000, 11:39 PM
_

Rhode Test

Took a ride to Rhody today. Arrived at Weekapaug about 1:00 p.m. and stayed there til 2:00. All quiet. Went to the west wall, no signs of life. Tried dredging bottom just to catch *something* and got a teeny sea bass. On the next cast I hooked something that made two long runs. It never hit tunoid velocity, but I couldn't stop or turn it even with maximum pressure on my 10# line. It spit the hook with at least half my line out. My lure survived relatively unscathed, so I don't think it was a blue. Wish I at least saw it. Hooking that fish while blind casting gave me the incentive to keep trying, but that was about it for the day. I saw a few small swirls and splashes in my vicinity, but no large-scale assaults. On my way back I made quick stops at Charlestown (at dusk) and again at Weekapaug (just after dark). Didn't see anyone catching any fish and didn't give it much of an effort myself. Hope you guys did better than I did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.