Weekly Protocol - Suggestions - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2000, 06:21 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Weekly Protocol - Suggestions

It's Wednesday and there is still some uncertainty about the weekend. I think it would be a good general rule to collectively develop our proposals for the weekend by Wednesday, then respond or refine them by Friday noon.

Believe me I am the very worst of the bunch when it comes to nailing things down. I blame it on my dear wife - who never likes to hand me that free pass until I've met some unwritten list of oblications

Seriously, I owe her a trip to the carribean some cold February. Just to show my appreciation, I'll leave my travel 9wt at home... NOT! But from breakfast to dinner and drinks there will be no mention of fishing although I might be caught peering over her shoulder at the flats during dinner.

But I digress:

This weekend's venues:

1) Jamboree on the outer beaches w/ Jeff Smith's Site and CCA

a) barbeque and CCA Signup
b) night fishing

2) Rhody is on fire - Capt. Ruben Perez is "slamming" (bass/blues/tunoids) every day. Just check out this picture...

<center>
<font color="0000ff"><font size="1">Full Report to Come!</font><!--1--></font><!--color--></center>

3) Cape Cod bayside, southside and Chatham are good venues to combine with the Jamboree during daylight hours

I am thinking a Combination of (1) and (3), lots happening all around. Boy I hate to miss out on (2) but maybe we could do a Rhody probe next weekend.

I am thinking (1a) and (3) with a possible farewell to Monomoy shuttle somewhere in the mix.

Any ideas, thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2000, 07:59 AM

RE:Weekly Protocol - Suggestions

I think I've used up my 9 lives + 1 or 2 more...

Blitzes, blitzes, blitzes....

Anyone have an old van they want to trade for my old Suburban? I figure once I get kicked out, I can live and fish out of a van more comfortably than the Urban Assault Vehicle.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:01 AM

Holly Mother-of-Pearl! What an Awesome Shot!

Any of the above sounds great! Because of the lack of a game plan, I have not made any sleeping arrangements, but the bench seat of the truck was worked before!

GregO.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:15 AM
President of CAC

Juro,sounds like a full schedule, I am up for anything. I am coming down Friday night and will Fish The light house Friday Night if possible then back to the same place on Saturday morning.. Then a possible shuttle to Monomoy during the day.. Break... Or Dinner and then back to the light house in the eve. I don't know about Sunday yet... But the outer beaches sound good but my thinking is that as long as the light house produces I will stay around there..(more fishing and less driving around).. However, I would like to see what others are planning and I will tag along with the concensus.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:45 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Yeah, Ruben had a lot of discipline to stand back for that shot while his charter was most likely shaking in his sandals. I know I'd be!

I'll be posting a full report from Ruben ASAP. In the meantime he can be reached <!--http--><a href="http://www.seaduckhunt.com/marine.html" target="_blank"> HERE </a><!--url-->.

Don't forget to tell him about the referral!

Juro
Old 10-04-2000, 09:15 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick

Juro,
I will be at my parents house in Mystic, CT this weekend, so the RI shore would be an awesome place to get together. After all those reports from down there, I am excited, although the weather is supposed to be horrible this weekend. I guess that means the fishing should be good. Thanks again for the Chatham info, the trip was well worth it even if I only got one schoolie. I'll take whatever I can get right about now.
nick
Old 10-04-2000, 09:56 AM

My weekend plans have changed, Mary said she couldn't make me go leaf peeping, when she knew my mind was on fishing.So I guess I will be stuck fishing all weekend(YEAH). I'm up for anything so let me know what and where.

Bigcat
Old 10-04-2000, 10:57 AM

What an awesome picture!!

Doug B.
Old 10-04-2000, 11:10 AM

...and I can't take all the recent Rhody reports...headed there tomorrow!
DB
Old 10-04-2000, 06:27 PM

I'll be going with the barbeque then fish till I'm too cold, tired, and hopefuly sore from landing cows to make another cast. Maybe catch a few zzzzz's in the car if it's not too cold then fish dawn at the light I've heard so many good reports about. Hope to meet up with some of you guys.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:20 PM
i'm so outta here

Something along the same lines as Jim, except I don't think I'll make the BBQ. I may swing by Nickerson Sat. night and pitch a tent. Big girl bar early Sunday morning.

I'm also toying with the idea of taking off Friday and hitting Rhody. I have to check with work first. (Jim, ok if I take Friday off? ). Anyone else interested?

Al
Old 10-04-2000, 09:38 PM

Al - looks like you'll be in the RI blitzes Friday.
Old 10-05-2000, 12:48 PM

Is anybody planning on being some place specific on Sun-up Saturday morning? I have not done much Down Cape fishing (except The Light) this season, so I really don't have any particular hot spots that I'm itching to fish. I'm open to anything Chatham to P-Town. Also, bagging the Jamborie in favor of a Monomoy shuttle, or even an RI run is an option. What's the general consensus?
Old 10-10-2000, 11:47 AM

What is the plan of attack for the weekend?
Big Girl for one more try?
R.I. for speedsters?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.