Monomoy Day (Clave II): June 30th - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2000, 08:41 AM

Monomoy Day (Clave II): June 30th

Gang:

I am going to be heading to North Monomoy on June 30th which is a Friday. My intent is to not do anything out of the ordinary with shuttles other than take Rip Ryder or Outermost Harbor to NM at the 8am shuttle. The expected high tide for that day is around 11:20am which should offer some good sight fishing chances. It will also offer a moving tide in the afternoon while the sun is still high in the sky where we can wait for fish clearing out of the channels.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. This trip will be a little less organized but will offer us all a chance to fish together again ! More info to come...........

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2000, 09:46 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Monomoy Day (Clave II): June 30th

Barring any unforseen circumstances, count me in. I will be able to fish until early afternoon only; I'll be meeting with Capt. Bruce Peters that evening. Maybe Bruce will be interested in walking the flats with us?

BobP - how 'bout a make up?

Brian Z - if you can get that day off, we'd love to spend some quality time on the flats with you.
Old 06-14-2000, 10:59 AM

(Groan) Barring any unforeseen business demands, I will be there, with a big smile.

Roop
Old 06-14-2000, 11:52 AM
Middle Aged Member

Again, barring the unforseen, count me in. Actually, it allows me to start my vacation a day early.

Fred A.
Old 06-14-2000, 02:28 PM

I am leaning toward a 6am start... anyone else?
Old 06-14-2000, 04:08 PM

Sounds good. I was planning on taking some time off in Late June or Early July, so I could be around when my house gets re-roofed. If the scheduling works out I'd like to go. I hate to be so non-commital, but getting contractors to work on your house in this booming market is very difficult, so I don't even have a firm date yet. But I hope it works out.
Old 06-14-2000, 04:16 PM

Ok,Ok...........I can be convinced for a 6am start.......I was hoping that I would not have to leave the house untill 5:30 but the waving of tailing stripers and the wakes they make is way to much to ignore............I assume we have the same deal with Keith with a 120 dollar charge ?? Also, what if we want to stay until 4pm ???

John
Old 06-14-2000, 08:13 PM
Middle Aged Member

Are there any Dunkin Donuts open at 5:00am between Dennis and Chatham?
Old 06-15-2000, 08:04 AM

Fred -

The one on 134 is open at 5am... maybe 24 hours. Others on the way along 28 are a little doubtful for 5am.

There's something about two hours of fishing before the crowds that makes the day that much longer.

John -

Rip Ryder's the only shuttle that does the 6am; and they need $120 worth of riders to do it. That can be one or 13, same price. Since you are the organizer you will ride free as long as they get their $120.

The way I do it is this: If we get 12 or more, it's ten bucks each and the organizer rides free. If not, the organizer helps reduce each fishermans' share of the $120 since quorum was not reached.

So if there are 6 people at 6, everyone pays $20 to ride. If there are 10 people, everyone pays $12. If there are 12, the rate is standard $10 and the organizer rides free.

Hope that's clear,
Juro
Old 06-15-2000, 08:17 AM

For future reference, I'm always willing to catch an early shuttle. Kind of like a default.

Roop
Old 06-15-2000, 08:32 AM

Juro:

That makes perfect sense.......I will coordinate with Keith for the early shuttle........what about the return time ?? I am up for a 4pm return if anyone else is ?? Everyone's thoughts ???

John
Old 06-15-2000, 09:11 AM

I just got off the phone with Keith Lincoln and we are all set for a 6am shuttle on June 30th. We just need to agree on the return time. Right now, we have the following committed:

John M
Juro
Roop
Brad
Fred

Hopefully Greg will be able to make it, also.

Thanks
John
Old 06-15-2000, 09:52 AM

John -

Actually we don't need to agree on a return time... we just need to tell Keith when we want to be picked up as either individuals or sub-groups for his clipboard schedule...

in other words if Roop, Chuck and I return at 11am we'll tell Keith "Roop party of three" at 11:00; whereas each cluster is free to return at whatever time (before 4pm) they register for.

Agreement on return time is only a factor for South Monomoy Island (the point) since they make exclusively chartered runs to that island.

The agreement on 6am is critical though.

FYI
Old 06-15-2000, 12:27 PM

Any room for a new guy on that June 30 6am shuttle to Monomoy? If you need to fill out the boat, I'll commit.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2000, 02:47 PM

Bill:

Would love to have you ! I will be getting us more info as we get closer but basically, we will be meeting at the Refuge around 5:30-5:45am on that Friday and then zipping over to N. Monomoy. The boat will leave sharp at 6am and if anyone is unfortunate enough to miss the boat, they will most likely have to pursue the 8am standard connection. More stuff to come........

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.