Thank You - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2000, 05:32 PM

Thank You

I wanted to take the time to thank everyone for a fantastic clave.

Al, you did an outstanding job as Clave Meister, you really put a lot of work into this weekend. And I want to thank you for all you did to make this clave the success it was.

Capt. Ray Stachelek, of Cast a Fly Charters, thank you for the time on the water. It was great to fish the coast from your fantastic fishing machine.

Art Burton, thank you for the 4-wheel tour of the beautuful South County beaches. We'll get the Bass next time.

Bigcat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2000, 06:52 PM

RE:Thank You

AL: Thank you- Your enthusiasm and energy will not be forgotten. I'm not sure who else did what but thank you too.
The Sat. night social/meal was amazing. So many friends, so many tastey dishes, so many memories rehashed of this past excellent season. I hate to let it go.

Terry
Old 10-23-2000, 06:59 AM

There is so many people to thank for the fine weekend, Al D for holding everything together with his know how, Juro for starting such a find board. A group of fishers with not one thing spoken negative except for the wind and availbility of fish. My very good friend Ray Stachelek for providing his Charter boat for the group. The fine meals provided, the pitch in by everyone to get it done. Out of the group I can truthfully say there is not a single pereson who attended that I don't want to call friend. Thank you all. We'll get them next time. Art B
Old 10-23-2000, 12:26 PM

It was great to see everyone again, and meet a lot of new faces as well.

In the Halloween spirit a MONSTER thanks goes out to Al_D who put it all together.

I'm developing the pictures tonight.
Old 10-23-2000, 01:22 PM

Ditto on the thanks Al! Also, thanks to Terry and Jim for helping me out on that nail knot. About $30.00 worth of flies on that jetty if anyone want to take a boat close enough ;-(. But I had fun!
Old 10-23-2000, 02:55 PM
Recent Member

While we're thanking....

My special thanks to Art B. for taking us out onto the beach. The memory of ploughing through the sand before sunup chasing fish (and hiding from the wind) will sustain me through the long fishless winter ahead.
Thanks again, Art. PS: did you get any bass on Sunday?

Jen
Old 10-23-2000, 05:55 PM

Great weather, great people, great food. Need I go on!! Had an incredible time! It would never have happened so smoothly if it weren't for you Al. Thank you! Catching those shad (minus the smell) was incredible. It was a pleasure meeting all those new faces also. As for the Estey bros., man you guys can catch fish- thanx for hauling my butt around (even though we got misguided a few times). I think I bumped into that white Corsica for the whole ride home on Rt. 1!!!
Look forward to next Year. BrianZ.
Old 10-23-2000, 07:21 PM
_

By all accounts thus far, RhodyFest 2000 was another rousing success! We had good weather, great food and company, and even a little cooperation from the fish Gods. Thanks to all the organizers, contributors and participants for making it happen. What a great bunch of people.

Special thanks to Art for the scenic and informative rides along the beaches. It was nice to see what it's like to drive the beaches and to check out some of the places I hadn't been to yet.

Hope to see you all at the next clave, or maybe I'll even see some of you on the beach between now and then!

Quentin
Old 10-24-2000, 05:56 AM

Hi Jen, I went back to Napatree after the camp breakup with my grandson. Just got there when a small bass broke as I was stripping line for my first cast, that was the only fishable fish I saw in an hour. The fish were offshore. Waved to Quentin, who was making the trek toward the point. Called it a day.
Jen, it was my pleasure we will have to do it again. Also the very best to your husband Al, and the rest.
Old 10-24-2000, 11:46 AM

Wow! What a way to end the season! A big and hearty thank you to Al for all his hard work, GregO for the tips, Tim for the boat experience, Ray and team for the Bonito, Jen for the awesome cookies, Brian for tolerating our navigational skills, and everyone else for helping to make this another in a long line of great clave experiences.

Saturday saw Mike and I on Tims boat chasing schools of what turned out to be bonito. We only managed to boat one shad and a fluke but the ride was exhilerating and great fun. After a shore lunch we set up camp then headed to Weakapaug with Brian and found it to be pretty dead. Our next stop was Napatree and soon after hitting the beach we saw birds working the point to inspire the long walk. We were rewarded for our efforts with schoolies up to 27 and great visuals of bass chasing bait in the wash.

The dinner gathering was one for the record books with great food, reports, tips, stories, and comraderie. I am truly blessed to find myself associated with such an exceptional group of people.

Sunday morning on Napatree was pretty quiet for me but the sight of fish well out of casting range kept me hopeful and expectant. After breakfast we headed back to Napatree to find the birds working the point. After the long walk we experienced hookups with schoolies up to 26 on cast after cast for about half an hour. Sweeping the beach on the way back I had the thrill of having a pair of bass follow my fly into the wash but not take. One was the typical schoolie wed been enjoying all day but the other was well into the 30s and it got my heart into high gear for a few minutes.

It was wonderful to end the season the way I began it with a great group of fishermen/women who add so much more to the experience than mere company.

Gregg
Old 10-25-2000, 12:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd

thanks to Al, and others. though I was hardly able to get down and enjoy the clave, I did manage to squeek a few hours sunday morning. fished the jetty with Mike E. and Brian, met a few others , including Art (oh, I do a little fishing) B. to hear him, I thought he was a dabbler...lol. got one smallish schoolie... boy, wish I had the yak with me, another guy that did was into a mess of fish. he caught 20 stripers and said there were albies galore out there, too! Tom D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.