Special Thanks! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2000, 10:33 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Special Thanks!

Members are always doing great things for each other, but I just wanted to extend a special thanks to John Morin and Bill Stanton for the hospitality this weekend.

John, it was a pleasure as always visiting the Chatham Anglers Society headquarters. A coffee cup of scotch, a roaring fire and the finest in tall tales and fishing paraphenalia. There are few finer things in life and those things were elusive this weekend.

Bill, inlet to inlet along Nauset in the coastal assault vehicle with the outer beach swat team (wearing full battle regalia) was the finest Sunday morning I think we could have had on Cape anywhere. The catching was off everywhere as anyone will tell you but the fishing was pretty damn good if you ask me. Nice of you to arrange for Jeff Smith, Mike F, and Big Pete to be there too

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them and chatting with the surf at our feet.

To both of you guys, THANK YOU! I look forward to getting the chance to repay these favors in the days to come.

Very best regards,

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2000, 04:50 PM

RE:Special Thanks!

Basically, Ditto.

John, thanks for your hospitality. Your a great host & your passion for fishing the waters around Chatham are second to none. I absolutlely love your cottage, never sell it! A warm fire, a mug of Scotch & good conversation made for a great evening. Hopefully we can do it again & I'll be more carefull sitting up in a bunk bed!

Bill, thank you for including us in your ORV break-in. Getting to fish the Southern tip AND the Northern tip of Nauset Beach in the same morning will be a memory that will help me get through the winter. Too bad we didn't get into some Monster Bass. Well, there's always next time. Hope we didn't trash your vehicle too much. Mary had a little lamb...

As for community (other post). Above are two examples of the MANY great experiences I have had with people I have met through this forum. It just keeps getting better & better! Regards, GregO.
Old 10-10-2000, 07:58 AM
President of CAC

Anytime guys... It is always a pleasure to have company and talk about fishing and watching Juro work that vice and whip finish. See you soon...
Old 10-10-2000, 08:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd

hey John, when I called you said you were sitting around drinking coffee!! As a self-respecting scot, I'd have been right over if you'd have told me there was scotch instead of coffee in those mugs!!! lol Tom D
Old 10-10-2000, 08:32 AM
President of CAC

Tom, we had both... Coffee then the scotch, then the coffee and then more scotch... then more scotch... you get the picture.
Old 10-10-2000, 01:08 PM

I really enjoyed fishing with you guys Sunday. That was some adventure. You're a brave bunch.

I did hit that second spot again Monday morning at dawn. Beautiful, classic rip off the point at sunrise. One other fly guy out there. Two spin guys. No fish.

Might try to get down there again to try it at sunset one of these evenings.
Old 10-10-2000, 01:12 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Bill -

I envy you, fish or no fish!

Let me know if you are heading back, I'll check with some of the local area fish hounds I know to give you some insight on how it's been before you go.

Thanks again for last weekend's hospitality,
Juro
Old 10-10-2000, 01:13 PM
i'm so outta here

Bill,

Here's hoping there's one more 40"er out there with your name on it. Thanks for the experience. I seldom get out to the back beaches, but you've inspired me to change that next season.

Al

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.