Washburn Island CALL TO ARMS! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2000, 09:51 AM

Washburn Island CALL TO ARMS!

Given the overwhelming support for Washburn I. I have gone to work on it. According to ReserveAmerica.com I just reserved the waterfront site for 4 that Sully, Mike Z., and myself stayed at last year for Sun and Mon nites Sep 10 and 11.
Other water front sites are available AND GROUP SITE 11 for same nights. I suggest someone grab them. 2 or 3 more waterfronts will do, or add group site 11 in the back. Let's go the time is now.

<a href="http://www.ReserveAmerica.com/usa/ma/wbnr/pksites.html" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.ReserveAmerica.com/usa/ma/wbnr/pksites.html</a><!--auto-->

Terry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2000, 10:00 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Washburn Island CALL TO ARMS!

Washburn map...
Old 08-22-2000, 10:05 AM

Atta boy Terry! I'm IN!
Old 08-22-2000, 10:05 AM

That is site #10 I got. Site 6+7 are the ones to go for. 9 is gone but if you call the rangers 8 might be open.
Print out your confirmations. I don't trust this on-line registration business.

better link: <a href="http://www.ReserveAmerica.com/usa/ma/wbnr/pksites.html" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.ReserveAmerica.com/usa/ma/wbnr/pksites.html</a><!--auto-->

Terry
Old 08-22-2000, 10:44 AM
i'm so outta here

I have site 7 for 4 people. I assume GregO is with me. Who else?

Greg will have his boat. I will have mine (thanks to Marvin!!!) Terry, how are we going to tell them apart? Same color, same length (I think)....oh yeah, mine will be the one with a dinky little 8 horse on the transom
Old 08-22-2000, 11:26 AM

Al,
If you've got room for me at your site, I'd be happy to join in.

M
Old 08-22-2000, 11:51 AM

OK -

We're talking about September 10th and 11th, meaning operative days Sunday PM, Monday and Tuesday AM.

I saw openings for Saturday the 9th too - any reason why we're not including Saturday and perhaps omitting Tuesday?

Also, the spontaneous nature of this is awesome but we could use just a little more process to it. I'm left wondering about the day/night spread, capacity if we all secure open sites; inventory of what we end up with, and considerations for others who don't secure a site, etc.? If we do this with Jeff's site and any other regional web resource can we handle the interest with this plan?

Don't get me wrong, I am very exicted about the plan and will grab a site today. Just think we need to be a bit more clear about it.
Old 08-22-2000, 01:00 PM

According to ResAm. all the sites are booked on the 9th. I don't see a difference to taking off a Monday/Tuesday .vs. Thursday/Friday. The main benefit obvious to me is that it'll be less crowded.

Sunday A.M. meet at the launch ferry grear over drop it off and fish. Kinda like last year.

Terry just jumped it into gear,what happens happens.
Old 08-22-2000, 01:05 PM
i'm so outta here

Juro,

I didn't see a single Sat. opening. You may want to dump your browser cache and reload.

Group,

There are plenty of sites available Sunday and Monday, including the big 25 person site #11. I think that's more than adequate for our needs considering Terry and mine makes room for 33. I think we should impose some sort of limit on how many attend anyway. Wish it could be a day earlier, but we were screwed from the outset on Washburn, with site #9 booked for the duration sometime in April. (BTW, Sunday AM is fishable if we plan on putting in at dawn, breaking for lunch and to set up camp, and fishing through 'til dark.

I know this inconveniences some due to the mid-week nature of it, but I'd personally rather burn through the vacation time than be shore bound on the Rhody coast. (As we learned from last year's Rhody Clave, the area is for experienced boaters only).

This doesn't have to be the Boneclave. But I think everyone wants it to be some sort of clave and in this spot.... the time to act is now. What says the group? Should we commit to #11??
Old 08-22-2000, 01:24 PM

Juro: your concerns are correct. I take full responsibility for starting the avalanche (as in the spring with Bass River I tapped into pent up winter energy and kablam!). One option: reserve the Boneclave 2000 title for a more formal/well scripted event. You started the first one which saw the beggining of an awesome crew. It should be your call. As far as wider web participation your call too. To a lot of us who just like to fish with a good bunch of people the regional ramifications are not important. If it's just this site, you will get last years crew plus many new faces. If you like these dates and venue grab site 11 and run with it. I've already done enough to start a wildfire and I hope I didn't ruin some other long range plan you had. I will help any way I can.

TerryW (local troublemaker)
Old 08-22-2000, 01:48 PM

Naw, in fact this country is founded on patriotism and great ideas. I am not in any way questioning your spirit or your tactics.

In truth I was a bit nervous about the prospect of a mondo clave anyway. Let's do this one and do it well; if there's a call for a bigger shindig then so be it.

In reality, I do not have the bandwidth to do the regional mega clave this year with my new job, a great wife who is nearing her tolerance limits, three kids, neglected chores, should I go on?

I can not do weekdays at this point but maybe Monday 1/2 day. I will try to arrange a Saturday contingent with lodging somewhere in the area on Saturday night for those interested.

Therefore my spread would be:

1) Saturday fishing, lodging locally

2) Sunday fishing, departure after dinner -or- possibly stay over and do the morning only

I can't do Monday and Tuesday, but I'll be there in spirit.

Everyone grab a site!!!
Old 08-22-2000, 02:48 PM
i'm so outta here

I tried to reserve site #11 but they won't let me have more than a one site for the same dates. Can someone pony up the $10 for the 10th and 11th??
Old 08-22-2000, 02:59 PM
i'm so outta here

Juro - Apologies to Lycos, but we're just going to have to tie you up and hold you hostage Sunday night
Is it possible to do some Sat. hours in exchange for Monday?
Old 08-23-2000, 08:27 AM

Hold Everything!
I just reserved group site #9 on the water for Sun and Monday night. We are all set. Price $50, done through the rangers. Al, you may want to cancel your site. It never occured to me that it might be available after 11:00 am on Sunday (just like last year). Get the ol' Silver tarp ready again!

TerryW (instigator extrodinaire)
Old 08-23-2000, 09:24 AM
i'm so outta here

Terry - Awesome!!! This will make things much easier in getting out in the morning (for those who don't know, site 9 is by far the best available).

As to site 7, at $10 for both nights, I think I'll just hang on to it in case we have any last minute attendees.

I'll start work on the signup DB tonight. I may be able to at least get the signup form done before going on vacation this Sat. Extraction reports will have to wait until after I get back. Juro, did you get my email regarding this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.