Spring Run Clave - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2000, 08:57 AM

Spring Run Clave

Juro mentioned something about Clave schedules this year. I've been kicking around an idea. It's just an idea and maybe it will lead to a better one. I've been thinking about the Herring runs in the midcape area (S.Dennis). My family has a small cape on the water and I could grab some time in May. I could sleep 6 or 7 guys there. There's schoolies in the river in front of the house and access to the many ocean spots 10 minutes away. The 2 to 3 weekends before Memorial day are prime. It's actually 2 1/2 months from now. But food for thought. The fishing could be intense without the hassle of camping. Just thinkin. It's too close to the Bronzeback Clave for one thing. But if anyone had a similar setup midcape and could sleep any additional Clavers, we could have a low budget/high livin clave. Thoughts?

Terry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2000, 09:16 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Spring Run Clave

Life could be worse than having too many claves to deal with! Unfortunately it's true, schedules could get out of hand.

We should review calendar tools to put on the home page wherein the clave agendas are posted and people can sign up for attendance. If anyone has any ideas on this let us know, meanwhile I'll be doing some homework in that area.

As far as this one, maybe it's like you say - a clave "under the radar". The key for me is to ration brownie points with the family evenly and fairly without wearing out my options too early in the season.

Your offer is generous and I would have to say at this point "count me in!".
Old 02-22-2000, 06:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to BobD Send a message via Yahoo to BobD

Count me and AnyBay in, I'll drag the boat for a place to sleep.
Old 02-22-2000, 11:49 PM

Terry,

Could you recommend a travel agent to confirm reservations?
Old 02-23-2000, 08:44 AM

Count me in,too ! I can't offer what Bob D can with that beautiful boat of his, but I would be willing to help out with whatever is needed !

John
Old 02-23-2000, 09:35 AM

Glad to see there is some interest. Here's what we need to do to make it happen. 1st, make sure we are not crowding the Bronzeback Clave. Better to have, 1 good Smallmouth clave than 2 watered down competing ones. Next, I need to secure the house for the prefered weekend.
With only six slots available, I hate to be exclusive. It would be nice to have a wider clave if we could get another property with just a few bunks. I doubt I could make the house the Clave headquarters if it grows to a wider clave. It's too quiet of a neighborhood. But for those who do stay theres a comfortable bed with kitchen. We could do some good cookin.
If we do limit it to 7 that would be fun too.
BTW, (Bob)there is a free, quiet boat ramp nearby, and boats could be anchored out front as we have a beach. The mouth of the Bass River is a 15 minute no wake putt putt away too. We could also reach the bayside by car. 15-20 mins to Barnstable Harbor.

We'll talk.
Old 02-24-2000, 01:52 PM

Terry,

Sounds like a great Idea. If it will make Juro feel better we can call it a psedo-Clave (semi-clave, I don't know), or we could call it some guys getting together to fish :->} If there are boat ramp(s) near by, I'll throw my 19' hat into the ring.
Old 02-24-2000, 02:20 PM

GregO,

Glad to have you aboard. Actually it would make me feel better too if it was a pseudo Clave or semi Clave since I'm not the Clave Calling/organizing type. I have a resource with 7 beds on the water in prime territory and we ought to make use of it. The place is largely empty till summer when my other siblings start fighting over it.
So counting you, we are one away from the lucky seven.

As it stands: Looks good for the house since most weekends are open in May. I'm thinking the weekend of MAY 5-6. The following weekend is Mothers day (forget angoring the gods...I mean godesses). The weekend after that is getting too close to proposed Bronzeback/NEC claves. So the 5-6 looks best; although, I could be pursuaded to do the later weekend for better fishing. What do you guys think? May 5-6, or what?

This looks good. We would have 3 boats, 7 guys, and I know Juro knows some good spots in that neighborhood (or any cape neighborhood for that matter).

Terry
Old 02-24-2000, 02:32 PM

Terry,

Al D. has been very busy with his new job, but I'll fill him in. Also, If space becomes an issue, both Al & I have family in Bourne who can put us up!
Old 02-24-2000, 03:43 PM

Terry,

Sounds like a great idea. I'll even volunteer to do the dishes, so count me in if there's still a slot open....

Jay C.
Old 02-24-2000, 11:28 PM
i'm so outta here

Terry,

Would love to attend if there's room. I make a mean omelet. .... Is it season yet?!

al
Old 02-25-2000, 09:30 AM

Hey guys sounds like I might have missed the boat as far as accomodations but I MAY be able to offer beds to one or two guys myself and we can still meet up with you all.

Roop
Old 02-25-2000, 10:22 AM

Yup I'm full with one tentative. I'm away from my base of operations so I'll catch up later. Sorry to not be responding.
Roop, are you midcape?

Terry
Old 02-25-2000, 11:19 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I may also be able to pitch in lodging for two. Need to check sibling rivalry (we start early)

juro
Old 03-05-2000, 05:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd

hope i can make this , at least as a day trip, keep me posted on any meeting places,thanks, tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.