Bass River - Lost & Found - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2000, 06:56 AM

Bass River - Lost & Found

If you lost your VERY nice sunglasses around the Bass River Sunday AM, email me where you were fishing, what kind they were & describe the container they were in. We'll arrange to get them back to you.

Roop

roopswff@email.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2000, 02:37 PM
JKMorrison

RE:Bass River - Lost & Found

Would just like to express my friend Artie's extreme gratitude to Jeff Roop and Terry Weir for having found his sunglasses and returning them to him safely. He has offered to take them out for a guided fishing trip somewhere on the south shore. I was amazed to see the message "Bass River Lost and Found" on this as well as another message board this morning. Their honesty should be commended. How many people in "real life" would even make the effort to find the rightful owner? It just goes to show, we who love to fish are all one big happy family!!
Old 05-09-2000, 06:40 AM

The glasses continue to elude Art.....

Got in my truck this morning, got on the highway and as I was looking for a CD in my center console where they were last seen I had a mini heart attack - no glasses!!

Pull off the highway & rip the truck apart, no glasses. Getting back in and a very kind state trooper stops to see if I need help & gave me a break on the expired inspectoin on the truck since it's a rental.

Met up with Art around 1/2 hour late, told him I'd find them. My bet is Art believes I start my morning with hallucinogenics....

Get in the office and find that some idiot had put the glasses in my brief case yesterday - DOH! DOH! DOH!

Already left a message with the lovely Mrs. Art to have him call me....
Old 05-09-2000, 07:15 AM
JKMorrison

I told Artie he needs to get one of those lengths of chain and a cylinder head to attach to the glasses (Sort of like they do with the bathroom keys at a gas station)he could just carry the cylinder head in a backpack, he'd never lose the glasses again though. I think the glasses will be punished to their case to cool off for a while. If someone is interested in a possible mini series "Through Rose Colored Lenses" I will be available to sell my part of the story.
Old 05-09-2000, 05:54 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

This is too funny! The glasses were lost by Art, then found by us - and then actually lost again at the parking lot where we discussed tactics to find their owner. Roop found them left at the lot and brought them home. I thought the whole time I still had them in my truck until Roop informed me he had them Monday morning. Now that they were amazingly identified by their rightful owner, they once again pull a Houdini at the rendezvous! Amazing.
Old 05-09-2000, 07:44 PM

And I'm going fishing with a guide out of it!

TerryW (still smiling)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.