Lines: Cortland 444 Clear Intermediate - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2000, 08:10 AM

Lines: Cortland 444 Clear Intermediate

Does anyone else have a problem with their line & memory?

Yesterday put the nail in the coffin for me & my clear intermediate. Terry & I were on a free charter (details to follow) on a nice productive drift and I spent the majority of my time clearing out the birds nests from my line.

I stretch my line, I take care of my line witha thorough rinsing after every use, I don't let my lines bake in the car but I continually have this problem with this line.

Yesterday I was stripping the line onto the deck and it still fouled.

On the bright side, our guide Art Sawayer, uses the Rio striper line for his interemediate and it was a piece of cake to use. No memory - no birds nest and my choice for a replacement line unless anyone can give me some help.

On a humorous note, we were on one drift yesterday casting poppers. Terry was using the Rio intermediate & I was using my Cortland clear intermediate. Same poppers. Casting them out so they landed side by side - Terry couldn't keep his popper away from the fish. My was ignored like a red-headed step child.

Roop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2000, 08:18 AM

RE:Lines: Cortland 444 Clear Intermediate

I should add, this line can burn your fingers real easy. It don't have memory, but your finger will remember it. One little striper run, squeeze too hard and: zzzzzzz yeeeeooowww!

TerryW
Old 06-22-2000, 08:26 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Terry -

Ahh yes, but it hurts sooo good! Second only to striper thumb.

Roop -

Was retrieve a factor?
Old 06-22-2000, 10:25 AM

Juro said

>Roop..Was retrieve a factor?

You don't know how funny what you asked is? Hey Roop...ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.
The inside joke is that my retrieve was this insane iratic initial strip when the plug hits, then a slow inconsistant weird thing as I struggled to keep the line from getting stuck in the motor a fifth time! Roop tried in vain for what seemed like an hour to emmulate it. I was constantly getting wacked by fish. Probably lost 6-10 due to slack in line from wind and rookiness. We had some good laughs over it (well...I did anyways).

TerryW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.